Friday, 1 February 2013

Vegan Chocolate and Raspberry Bundt Cake

I didn't get round to taking a photograph of  it, but I made my first ever Clootie Dumpling last year for St Andrews Day and wow, it turned out pretty good; not pretty to look at, but pretty good to eat.  I had wanted to make Clootie Dumpling again for my Burns Night Menu, along with  other sweet Scottish delights such as Crannachan and Typsy Laird Trifle , but time got the better of me and I ended up making a Vegan Chocolate and Raspberry Bundt Cake; and the Irn Bru Jelly as mentioned in a previous blog post.

A bundt cake is a cake baked in a cake tin with as hole in the middle.  The cake tin also has a ridged edging.  My bundt tin has ridge edging but it didn't come out distinct as it should have, I think it was because the raspberries were moist and seeped through a little, but I think you get the idea from the photograph
So what is so Scottish about this cake?! The raspberries of course - they are from Scotland, albeit frozen from the freezer. I would have loved to have adorned the cake furthermore with fresh raspberries, but they are not in season here, so frozen raspberries it had to be this time.  This was a good cake.  The squished soft raspberries burst inside whilst cooking flavouring this chocolate cake that would have otherwise have been a little dry on the palette.  Very nice indeed and its sliced generously too.    I've also made this cake with Summer berries.
Recipe to follow at the weekend.
If you don't have a bundt pan, use a large deep round pan.  It will be fine.
Scottish Raspberry and Chocolate Cake

4 comments:

  1. Oh Shaheen - now that looks just lovely. I've a vegan chum coming soon so I'll give that a bash!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, will post the recipe soon. Just a little busy.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Sausage girl and thank you sooo much for choosing to follow my blog, it is very kind of you. I look forward to followign you on your new adventures in Wales, and who know we may even meet one-day.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen