Sunday, 15 January 2012

Onion Storage Pot

After graduating, one of my very first jobs was at a Law Centre in Glasgow city centre.  During my lunch hour, I would spend time either flicking through cookbooks or admiring kitchen things and making a mental 'wish list'.  It was always for small things, but even they cost a fair bit. 

So at the end of the month when I got paid. I would treat myself to either a cookbook or something for the kitchen.  
Next to the garlic keeper, I have I guess what you would call an Onion Store Pot.  I got it from this  shop at a reduced price, because it had a small chip in it. See the brim of the main body. It doesn't bother me. I still liked how the onions were illustrated on the base and on the lid. This terracota pot stores about up to 6 - 7 medium onions.  I've been told by my mother, that I won't need to buy any onions (or potatoes) when we move down to Wales, as they buy in bulk from a farmer.  Ah I foresee lots of benefits coming my way.   

15 comments:

  1. We use so many onions that I think we would need a dustbin-sized one of those things!
    It must be nice to be able to buy direct from the farmer. You'll have to find a reliable source of Leeks, of course...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The biggest benefit will be living near family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh love this onion pot! Really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pasta serving bowl that i must have bought in about 1988. bought under similiar circumstances, whilst wandering around Bristol in my lunch hour. It has quite a long crack in it now and every time i use it i expect it to break, but it never does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this thing is adorable... and the onion pot isn't so bad either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this...Does it help the onions last longer? Good luck with moving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks e.
      I think so, but the onions never last that long.

      Delete
  7. That's so cute! I totally need one. How exciting to have onions and potatoes farm-direct. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fabulous - I clearly need one immediately.....and a mother who supplies onions would be nice too - mine is good for lemons and sometimes potatoes with the occasional plum thrown in if i've been very good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool stuff.
    Hope this is not a duplicate offer. I have a Word document I've written that contains 100 soups with no more than 5 ingredients. Not to worry, it's only 18 pages. Want a copy? Write to me at scrout1944@msn.com and I'll send it to you. It's free!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Shaheen: It's so cute! I have a cardboard box for my onions. What a shame!

    love

    Verónica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theres Nothing wrong with a good cardboard box.

      Delete
  11. You are brill, Shaheen. I can sense positivity in this post - hooray! Many benefits will come your way, I am sure of it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the onion pot, I keep mine in an old tupperware container at the moment which strangely seems to work but doesn't look nearly so nice as your terracotta one. Mum's are good at providing many benefits aren't they.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You