Monday, 13 April 2015

Mexican Inspired Pasta Salad

I am hoping to go to my secret wild garlic foraging spot this weekend, but this today I share with you an aromatic green flecked pasta dish.  

This is perhaps one of my favourite cold pasta salad dishes.  I've made it at least 6 time in the past two months, not just because I like it, but because I had picked up a bundle of coriander, of course I had to have a reason.
This pasta salad is based on this Jalapeno, Coriander and Avocado recipe,that I made a few years back,  It is enhanced further with sweetcorn and red peppers.  It has now also become a firm favourite of my nephews and nieces too, who often opt for those horrid claggy cheesy tomato pasta from the supermarket outlets.  

I often make a large batch, to last us for 2 -3 days during the working week; and sometimes to share with family and friends. While it sits in the fridge the jalapeno vinaigrette infuses the pasta further.  Just dig your fork in, you will find it flavourful and zingy. 
This pasta salad is essentially flavoured with jalapenos and coriander, however for bite and colour there is red pepper, spring onion (and sometimes red onion) and a little sweetness from the sweetcorn. To elevate this pasta dish further, I like to finish it off with some natural buttery ripe avocado slices, but that doesn't happen that often, as avocados are a bit of a luxury in our home. 

 
I am sharing this recipe with Lavender and Lovage for Cooking with Herbs ,; No Croutons Required co- hosted by Lisa's Kitchen and Tinned Tomatoes;  and Soup, Salad and Sammies Sundays hosted by Kahakai Kitchen. 

10 comments:

  1. That looks colourful and yummy!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa, its delicious too.

      Delete
  2. I haven't made a Mexican influenced pasta salad before, but it certainly seems like a good idea. Pasta salads are indeed very practical work food, so I will consider making this variation as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Def. practical work food and one that is tasty. I make lots of variations of pasta salad for work, but this one is by far my favourite.

      Delete
  3. That looks yummy, I like the idea of pasta salad in theory, but never know what to put in it! I'm going to try this for my lunch at work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do get round to making it and moreso enjoying it, a lot of people don't like coriander, but it is essential to this recipe.

      Delete
  4. I love the flavors in this! That jalapeno vinaigrette sounds really tasty. Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, it really is one of of my faves. I enjoy being part of Souper Sundays, just sorry I can't join in every week.

      Delete
  5. This is my kind of salad Shaheen. I love pasta salad. Thanks for submitting it to No Croutons Required. The roundup is now live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jac. It is super flavourful. Thank you for hosting.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You