Saturday, 11 April 2015

Fudge Like Peanut Butter Seed Bites

These Peanut Butter Seed Bites are ridiculously sweet and rather moreish.  
I sliced them originally in flapjack style, but after taking a bite of one.  I decided to cut them in half again, as they are super sweet and a bite or two would be suffice. 
I describe these bites as fudge like, as they are rather fudgy to touch, but when you bite in its full of seeds and dried fruit.  



Fudge Like Peanut Butter Seed Bites
Makes a tub full
Ingredients
125g rolled oats
20g sesame seeds
50g sunflower seeds
30g pumpkin seeds
100g sultanas or raisins
100g butter
2 tablespoons runny honey
100g smooth peanut butter
Method
Line a baking tin with baking parchment paper.
In a bowl, mix together the oats, seeds and sultanas.  
In a pan, heat the butter and honey, as soon as it melts take off the heat and stir in the peanut butter.  Pour this into the bowl with oats, seeds and sultanas and mix well.
Then carefully transfer into the baking tin, pressing it down with a spatula to even it out.  
Put it in the fridge to cool down for a few hours or overnight.  
When it is set, remove the slab from the tin onto a chopping board and slice into bite size pieces.   
Keep refrigerated for a week.

12 comments:

  1. Multi grain bars, healthy and looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms Chitchat, so lovely to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely idea. I'll have to try some day, but I think I would use some of my fruit powders in these as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you VegHog. I did actually consider putting some fruit powders in this, but decided against it as I was not too sure if it would contrast too well with the peanut butter, but its worth experimenting for sure.

      Delete
  3. they sound like a little goes a long way - and I mean both flavour and nutrition - they sound like great little snacks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, really a bite or two is enough - very sweet.

      Delete
  4. This sounds so good and so easy. Unfortunately for me Jan doesn't like peanut butter so I rarely get to eat it ( she hates the smell too) but somehow I've ended up with two jars so if I'm sneaky I could make them ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a well to enjoy peanut butter, I was sold when I saw Brad Pitt 'Peanut Butter Man' eating it in the movie Jack Black, got me to try it again and I was sold. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xk31NpUX1g Show Jan the scene, maybe it will convert her, even if not - its amusing to watch.

      Delete
    2. Ha ha, I know the scene, she's not convinced! But thanks for trying :)

      Delete
    3. All you can do is try :)

      Delete
  5. love the plate and its content <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Queeny. And thank you so very much.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You