Monday, 23 June 2014

Strawberry Punnets keep coming from my garden

I've got quite a bit of news to share regarding the progress of my garden, but I can't resist sharing my most recent harvest of strawberries.  I've been picking punnets since Thursday, every day there is more to pick. There are four punnets in my fridge at the moment.  Two of them will be taken over to my parents tomorrow and the others have been booked for some new recipes, one of which is a Strawberry Risotto,  but I always welcome recipe suggestions from fellow bloggers, so please do share.  

If you look closer at the top punnet, you will spy some raspberries too. 
I am sharing this post with Harvest Monday hosted by Daphne's Dandelions. 
Previous Strawberry Recipes on my blog
2013 Strawberry, Caramelized Red Onion and Brie Cheese Tart
2012 Graceland Cake: Strawberry, Banana and Peanut Butter Cake
2010 Strawberry Curd
2009 Strawberry Ice Roses - Strawberry Sorbet

10 comments:

  1. Lovely, my strawberries are a little thin on the ground this year, I'm busy pegging down runners for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a shame Joanne, I would be more than happy to share some of mine with you, but good idea to peg some runners down for next year.

      Delete
  2. Your strawberry recipes look lovely especially the Elvis cake, I might have to give that one a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorna, The Elvis Presley Cake was big hit when I made it.

      Delete
  3. I'm so jealous. I miss having a lot of strawberries from the garden. They are so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be so happy to swap with your lettuces.

      Delete
  4. I am without doubt planning a strawberry bed for next year. Your strawberry photos are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rachel. Be nice to grow strawberries for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a lot of strawberries, I wish I had the space to grow more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sooz. I think we have too many, just can't keep up with harvesting them, the snails will beat us to some of them.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You