Friday, 31 January 2014

Vegan Eats and Treats of January

The month of January ends with my blog featuring both old and new vegan recipes in support of Veganuary.  Veganuary is a new campaign in association with Viva!  that is encouraging people to pledge and eat vegan food for every meal this January.  Veganuary is not that far removed from Vegan Mofo, which was originally created by Post Punk Kitchen.  I took part for the first time last year and it was brilliant, not just for the vegan inspiration, but also as I got to meet loads of new bloggers through Vegan Mofo.    

January also saw two fellow bloggers feature me.  The Peace Patch and Rachel Cotterill: 10 Warming Vegan Recipes for Winter; and as part of The Vegan Edition for Foodies100.  I would like to take the opportunity to Thank you to both The Peace Patch and Rachel Cotterill for shining a light on my blog. 

Finally, onto January Vegan Swap.  My vegan food swap partner was Natural Vegan Eco Mom


Laura she sent me a bumper pack of vegan goodies: Kallo Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar Rice Cakes - The Food Doctors: Couscous and Lentil Pot; Hot Wasabi: and Chipotle Crisps - Morrisons Chilli Pistachios; and Salt and Black Pepper Cashews - Dairy free White and Chocolate chips - perfect for making cookies! - Nakd Pineapple; and Tangy Lime raisins ( a super nice change from Nakd bars!) and two completely new things for me to try - On the Go Carrot and Pecan Punch; and Spirulina Powder - I am looking forward to receiving some raw dessert recipes from Laura to try out the spirulina powder, I've had it as a health supplement, but have never used it in cooking.   Thank you so so much Laura, its nice to have discovered some totally new things in my parcel.  The Salt and black pepper cashew packet is already empty.
My receiving partner Vegan Vox.  Here is a photograph of what I sent her.  I hope she likes!
Vegan Swap has sadly come to and end - see here.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh those little Sesame Snap treats are my vegan downfall, they are soooo tasty :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother loves them too, I only nibble on them now and again.

      Delete
  2. Because of her diabetes Jane eats lots of those natural sugar-free Nakd products - and the Kallo rice-cakes. They are very healthy things to eat whether you are vegan or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right Mark, they are healthy to eat - vegan or not. Its one of the reasons I enjoy participating in these swaps or challenges, intro's me to new ingredeints

      Delete
  3. Supercool idea...I love anything that shares some vegan love and introduces you to new yumful treats! So happy to feature you...Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen