Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Vegan Rock'n'Roll Bagel

I have shared this Rock'n'Roll Bagel beforeI dubbed it then under the much cooler name of The Elvis Presley Bagel.  The reason I am sharing this vegan bagel post again, is that I made it today for my breakfast.  I didn't fancy cereal today,   I spotted some strawberry jam and some crunchy peanut butter, a banana in the fruit bowl and remembered we had some bagels in the freezer. Suddenly breakfast was ready!

I also thought it would be another good opportunity for me to showcase it to new readers visiting my humble little blog via Veganuary.; and Food'n Fix for the first time.


Its not really a recipe, just a easy snack you can put together in moments providing you have all the ingredients to hand which are: bagels, bananas, peanut butter (crunchy or smooth - you choose) and strawberry jam or jelly if you want to be more authentic.  

The bagels lightly are toasted.  Then the bottom half of the bagel is spread generously with peanut butter, the top half generously with good strawberry jam.  Before both halves are pressed together, the middle is packed in a domino fashion with sliced banana for height and visual impact.  Then just open wide and bite in!
This is one high octane of a Bagel.  I think Elvis Presley would approve, don't you?!  I am sharing this bagel with  What I Ate Wednesday Party#156 hosted by Peas and Crayons. and Debra at Eliot's Eats for this month's Food'n Fix who has chosen the aptly named movie 'The Breakfast Club'.  I think this rock'n'roll bagel  packed with strawberry jelly, peanut butter and garnished with popcorn defines the brat pack of the 1980's which plays on the 'rat pack' of the 1950's and 60s respectively.  I think you will agree. 

7 comments:

  1. Yes, but Elvis would have eaten four of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Perhaps, we will never know.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for joining us for FnF! (It does remind me greatly of Elvis!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun treat! I think I have a few people in my household who would happily eat this for breakfast! We'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Camilla.
      I hope they enjoy!

      Delete
  4. This is exactly the kind of breakfast that I like to eat and a great addition to the Breakfast Club round-up! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen