Sunday, 13 March 2011

Mango and pecan waffles

I had some mango purée left over from the Crème Mango Lime tart. I'm not one to waste, so I decided to freeze it for future use and that time had come. I was hungry for a sweet Breakfast.

Actually it wasn't that sweet at all, the mango flavour was subtle. Still it was good. On the table we had honey, maple syrup and agave syrup to pour over, but neither of us used them. Instead we both chose to use our home-made Honeydew Melon and Chilli Jelly. Lovely. Licking my lips, I said to D had I made the 'mango and pecan waffles' around lunch time, I would have had them with a scoop or two of vanilla ice-cream.
This recipe makes enough for 4 people, but before you assume that D and me have eaten for them all, let me assure you as greedy as we both are, even we couldn't nosh on them all. The remaining waffles have been put in the fridge and may be reheated tomorrow morning; or maybe this evening, served with vanilla ice-cream, so my wishful thinking earlier may just come true.
Mango and Pecan Waffles*
Serves 4
Ingredients
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup mango purée
2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
Handful of pecans, roughly chopped
Method
In a bowl, mix the wet ingredients together.
In another bowl, stir together the dry ingredients except for the nuts. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine well. Then gently stir in the pecans.
Cook according to your waffle maker instructions.

*If you want to make a vegan variation of this recipe, please follow this link. This vegan version does not use mango purée, but mango juice and frozen mango chunks. Or follow PPKs recipe for Pumpkin waffles and just replace the pumpkin purée for mango purée .

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the link to the veganized version...I was just thinking to myself I wonder if I can make that vegan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am licking my lips, awesome waffles.
    Have a great weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of these, as a big fan of a weekend breakfast indulgence. Ours is normally American style pancakes of various types, but want to give these a go now for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm I love pecans, and waffles are always a welcome treat. These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, they look fantastic. The mango puree addition sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your so welcome Sooz.
    :)


    Thanks Ana Powell.



    Thank you so much affectioknit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thak you Helen T.
    So lovely to hear from you.
    We missed out on Shrove Tuesday/Pancake day as we were travelling, so an American style pancake breakfast is something to look forward to.
    I hope you like variation!


    Thank you jodye.



    Thanks Kath.
    It was a lovely change and treat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm I don't have a waffle maker but these sound lovely. Do you think there is any other form I could cook them into?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plummy Mummy the only suggestion I have is to make some mango pancakes.
    Hope its worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You