Saturday, 19 March 2011

Drive to Inveraray




Rest and Be Thankful at Argyll Forest Park
Sign outside Loch Fyne Cafe and Farm shop. We continue to drive towards the shores of Loch Fyne.
We've been to Inveraray a few times with family and Friends; and every time we got there, it seems to rain and rain it did. One of the places, we wanted to visit was Inveraray Castle, but it was still closed for the Winter Season.
We were even thinking about visiting Inveraray Jail, but sadly the admittance fees deterred us.
This is Inveraray High Street. Inveraray Parish Church in the background.
We picked up a couple of pastries from this Baker before heading back home, rather too quickly for my liking.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Mangocheeks
    Another part of Scotland that I have managed to visit and like you I would have liked to have stayed longer. I spent last Easter with my sister staying near Loch Awe. We did a drive over to Inverary and down to the Crinan canal. The drive over Rest and Be Thankful was on a low loader with her VW camper on the back ! ( we got it fixed ) .
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane.
    Good to read you've seen this part of the world. You've seen a little more than me :)
    Was it raining when you were here?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No it was dry but all the cash points were out of order! It was raining by the time we got to Crinan canal though ;)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i'm actually quite pleased to read that. The weather here is so unpredictable, we had snow a couple of days ago, then sunshine, then rain. Roll on spring time. I'm actually still waiting for the daffys to open up here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow still on the mountains! A lot of the vistor sights will open next month - hopefully you can go back. It's been a few years since I've been to Inveraray - I would love to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PurestGreen.
    Yes there certainly is. I'm not surprised though as there was snow in the West of Scotland a few days ago and the closer we got to Inveraray the icier it felt. Looking forward to the visitor sights opening though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos. We are heading back up to Dundee over Easter. I hope the snow is gone by then :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Plummy Mummy,
    The last time I was in Dd was for work early this year. It was snowing then.
    The weather is so unpredictable at the moment, unsure from one day to the next what will come falling from the skies.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You