Friday, 13 November 2015

Glimpse Plant Pharmacy Patchwork

Thank you for those of you coming by Amy's Five on Friday.  

To start of with, I'd like to say that I am mentally gearing up for winter and the ailments that come with it: coughs, scratchy throat, runny nose, headaches...  I have good selection of herbal teas, Tea Tree Tincture, Echinacea drops and honey for toddy, yes I even a home made Daisy Honey which happens to be vegan.  
Two, a while back I went with my husband to the National Botanic Garden of Wales.  
I shared lots of pictures from the day, but not this Plant Pharmacy  Patchwork Exhibition which was inside the Apothecary's Hall.

Once you've walked through the Apothecary's Hall and viewed some of its curiosities and guests, you will come across the The Plant Pharmacy Patchworks Exhibition.
Three - The Plant Pharmacy Exhibition  is a collection of textile squares showing wildflowers and their medical and herbal properties and how plants have been used to treat illnesses across the world.

Here are a small selection.
 Yarrow - This was one of my favourites, embroidery on a bandage.  
Caraway Seeds
Old Man's Bears aka Travellers Joy - I am not familiar with this one, so if any one can enlighten me, it would be most appreciate. 
And finally Broom.  I've still got pictures of the Fungi Exhibition to share.  I hope to share that some time soon, especially as the season is changing and meaty mushrooms will be on the menu soon.
Four - Here are a handful of my own Plant Pharmacy Cookbooks that I am currently thumbing through.

And Five, I hope that your health and health of those you hold most dear is good this winter, I am sharing this with Five on Fridays hosted by Amy at Love Made My Home.  


  1. Daisy honey sounds wonderful! Happy Friday!

  2. What an impressive exhibition, I too loved the embroidery on the bandage. Have a wonderful weekend.

  3. Hello! Thank you for popping by my blog; it's lovely to 'meet' you. Wow, that plant patchwork is gorgeous isn't it? Now I've discovered your blog, I shall enjoy browsing through all your veggie recipes. Have a great weekend. xx

    1. Thank you VeggieMummy. You have a good weekend too

  4. What a fascinating exhibition! The embroidered pieces are so beautiful aren't they, such wonderful work. Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

  5. Thank you. I rather like the patchwork squares, they must have looked very colourful. :-)

  6. Such an interesting post! I love the embroidery!

  7. Love the patchwork squares such intricate work


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You