Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Vegetable Palette: White Vegetables Round Up #5

The idea behind 'The Vegetable Palette: natures colours - natures goodness'' is to make something with either a fruit, vegetable or combination of both each month.  You can make absolutely anything that you wish, so long as the recipe is vegetarian and includes a vegetable/and or fruit with the chosen colour.  
The theme for November was White Winter Vegetables.   
Janet from The Taste Space shared an Indian Inspired Roasted Cauliflower and Quinoa Salad.  The flavours that enhance two ingredients that would perhaps otherwise be quite bland are roasted coconut with added sweetness from apples and raisins, as well as a dressing of curried maple tahini dressing. Now that is a bowl of goodness.   
Helen from Family - Food - Friends is a new blogger to me, so I thank her and welcome her to the Vegetable Palette and my blog.  Helen shared a Parsnip - Cheese Pasta Bake made with a couple of whopper parsnips, one that actually measured a foot long and came in her vegetable box.  Even though I am not overly a big fan of the sweet white-creamy root vegetable, even I am willing to try this and get my big fork and crack into that golden cheesy topping. 
Caroline from Caroline Makes brings to the table a Vegetable Winter Crumble.  I said this in my Eat Your Greens (previous) post and will say it again, please don't be deceived by the way it looks, as beneath that golden cheesy oaty topping you will find it loaded and bursting with vegetables, including half a head of cauliflower.  This dish is hearty and one that will warm your tummy with the cider sauce playing on your tongue.  
And finally, Galina from Chez Maximka shares with us a bowl of Parsnip and Fennel Soup with Caramelized Chestnuts.  I've never had parsnips and fennel together in a soup before, so I have to admit am a little curious about this; and what is more interesting in place of croutons we have caramelized chestnuts. So who knows, the next time I want soup this could be it. 

I would like to thank Janet, Helen , Caroline and Galina for their white vegetable contributions.  If you would like to participate in the Vegetable Palette, then please follow this link on how to participate - the theme is Christmas and Festive Vegetables.


  1. A lovely selection of dishes - I will have to think about a festive vegie for this month

    1. Thank you Johanna, I've just received your entry.

  2. I love parsnips and cauliflower, will happily try the recipes. Thank you for the round-up, Shaheen!

    1. Thank you so much for participating Galina, I hope you will join us for December too.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You