Monday, 29 December 2014

Christmas Came and Went

Christmas day came and went and before I knew it I was back in work.

I had some lovely gifts thanks mostly to my lovely husband like a gorgeous peacock T-shirt, a couple of DVDs, a CD amongst other things, but the two gifts that I want to share here are food related.  

I had two cookbooks on my Christmas wish list: Meat Free Any Day: Food For all Reasons by Sarah Beattie; and The Adventurous Vegetarian: Around The World In 30 Meals by Jane Hughes - my wishes was granted...Now to decide what to cook from them first?! 
And from my nephew - the oldest one that I am really really close too, I got a foodie hamper. 
I have never received an hamper in my life, so this was a lovely treat. 
He managed to stuff it with with additional sweet and savoury nibbles, a lot that you can't even see, so I will have to share that with you in my blog January In My Kitchen blog post, 

I hope you had a good Christmas with your family and friends, now we wait to welcome the New Year and what is may bring.  

18 comments:

  1. Shaheen,
    What lovely gifts you have gotten for Christmas - you must have been good :)

    I wonder if you can use the hamper as a bicycle basket...

    Have a Beautiful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chandra.
      Yes, the hamper is small enough to utilise as a bicycle basket, good thinking Mister :)

      Delete
  2. I did a food hamper for my father in law. And he loves it.
    Happy hols.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosezeeta.
      I am glad you father in law liked his hamper, I certainly liked mine.

      Delete
  3. Looks like lots of lovely foodie treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice, so lovely to hear from you. Hope your well.

      Delete
  4. What lovely gifts!
    Merry Christmas Shaheen, and I hope the new year brings you wonderful things. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lovely Sooz.
      Warmest of wishes to you and a Happy New year.
      x

      Delete
  5. So many lovely gifts!
    Hope you have a wonderful new year!

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. cookbooks and hampers are great gifts for foodies - I am curious to see what you have in the hamper when you do your IMK post - and those dvds and cd look interesting - love luther and I think I would love hinterland too - love a grim british drama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna.
      I will def. share more in my IMK post come January. I missed HInterland when it was on TV, excited to see a Welsh drama so am really looking forward to that - I think it may be in the same vain as your present the DVD Shetland (which I also missed), but not sure - still I think you will like it. I loved Idris Elba in The Wire and became a fan of his acting, so Luther is a must watch,

      Delete
  7. That's a lovely hamper! :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That nephew of yours has really got you sussed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky girl! You have lovely presents. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely to hear from you Veronica. Do hope you and your gorgeous little family are doing well. Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you and all your family. See you in 2015 x

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You