Monday, 4 August 2014

Raw Coconut and Date Tartlets with Raspberry Mousse

I made my first ever Raw Tart  recipe last year, and it was truly delightful.  I've been wanting to find an excuse to make a variation of it again, and the red fruit flowing from my garden, mostly raspberries provided the perfect reason.
Raspberries don't last long in the fridge either, going mouldy here and there.  I will probably take to freezing some, but I want to make the most of them while the season lasts. I've already made Raspberry Bakewell BarsRaspberry Coconut Balls; and Raspberry Pavlovabut this time it was time for another delicious Raw Pie.
The raw vegan Raspberry Mousse filling recipe featured on my blog only last month (see here), there is no cream in it, its not even substituted with vegan cream either, but made with frozen bananas and raspberries.  Its lovely on its own, but as much as I enjoyed the mousse-like texture, I wanted more texture and bite this time, and decided to make cases  to hold the raspberry filling. The tartlet cases are made with dessicated coconut, nuts and soft fruit. Of course you don't have to have raspberries as the filling, you can make this with strawberries too. Now whatever you decide, you will need a fork and spoon to tuck in.  Enjoy.  I am sharing this with Emily at A Mummy Too for #RecipeoftheWeek 4 - 8 August 2014


Raw Coconut and Date Tartlets with Raspberry Mousse 
For the Coconut and Date Tartlet Cases
To line 1 x 8 inch tart tin with removeable base or 4 - 6 fluted tins
Ingredients
150g cashew nuts, raw (soaked for 2 hours if you do not have a high power like Optimuum 9400 blender)
90g dessicated coconut
160g soft dates
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon water
Method
Put all the ingredients into the and blitz until roughly chopped, it needs to be soft pliable consistency, not soft like nut butter.  
Tip out into the pastry case and press down with your fingers, even up the side until well covered. 
Put in fridge to chill.
For the Raspberry Mousse Filling
Ingredients
2 frozen bananas, chopped
210g raspberries, fresh or frozen
Method
Put into a food processor (or Optimuum 9400 blender) and blitz until well combined.  
Carefully pour and spread into the pastry cases.  
Top with optional extra fresh raspberries and a dusting of dessicated coconut for effect.
Chill until ready to serve.  Best eaten within a couple of days. 


32 comments:

  1. I love these tartlets look amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tarts look and sound delicious x #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine these raw tarts to be very fragile, needing very careful handling, so it would probably be beyond my capability to make them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark, No not at all, they are very firm. I have no doubt you could make these easy at home, honestly.

      Delete
  4. YUM! I love raspberries!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoah, these look really good! I have lots of rasps in the freezer....we'll have to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou. I have Autumn raspberries coming soon too, the Summer ones I am losing the fight with the birds who are beating me to them.

      Delete
  6. I love that pastry case Shaheen, you could do so much with that! Nice filling too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jac. Yes, very versatile. I'm enjoying playing with my Optimuum Blender and have lots of other recipes coming soon, just sharing slowly.

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, these sound so utterly amazing. I can just imagine the lovey sweet tang of that raspberry filling. Pinning to make soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks divine! I'm refined sugar free, so this is my kind of desert :-) #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, most recentl there have been a number of other recipes one my blog that are sugar free, so I hope you like them too.

      Delete
  9. Mmmmmmmmmmmm,....I made these tasty tartlets & loved them so much!
    They were a real healthy treat! ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So so lovely to hear from you Sophie and so glad you liked the Raw Raspberry Mousse Tarts, will you be sharing it on your blog I would love to see how yours turned out compared to mine.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, but we b-gobbled them up without taking any pics,...maybe next time! xxx
      Have a great Sunday!

      I just ate your delectable cacao nibs breakfast! xxx

      Delete
    3. That is okay, I would have gobbled it up too :) can you please leave a comment on the Cacao nibs breakfast would be most appreciated to let readers know its been tried and tested and mostly LIKED. Thank you so much in advance.

      Delete
  10. This looks fabulous, I've pinned it to make when our raspberry season rolls around

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danielle, I am lucky this year, when the summer raspberries go, i will then have the Autumn ones.

      Delete
  11. What a fabulous dessert Shaheen. I so love your raw "pastry" tarts - what a fabulous idea. And I love your photos, you've made those tarts look particularly delectable. I miss not having raspberries any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you lived near, I would have been happy to have dug out some plants for your to transfer in your own growing space, we have way too many, that I will be making a decision to rid of some - we have summer and autumn ones.

      Delete
  12. Love this. I already make my girls fruit sorbets using bananas and frozen summer fruits. Adding it to your wonderful coconut case takes it to another level #pinned #RecipeOftheWeek

    ReplyDelete
  13. Any tips for getting the shells out of the tart pans? I fear I'd destroy them nad then I'd cry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no problem getting them out of the tart pans as they are pretty firm.

      Delete
  14. So beautiful. I can't imagine a dessert I'd rather eat right now! Thanks so much for linking up with #recipeoftheweek. Sorry I was particularly slow getting over for this one. I've pinned it to my food board and a tweet will go out shortly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and no worries for the delay in coming over, I have not been a very good visitor lately either, too much going on in the background. Thank you for hosting.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen