Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Raspberry Chocolate Brownies

Young cool nephews and beautiful nieces,  are reading this blog post? as I made these Chocolate Brownies to tease you from afar.

Yes, I can hear you all 'what a mean Aunty Shaheen!' 

Yeah more for me and your Uncle, but you can have some if you come on over, better be quick as they are disappearing fast. 
So that its not all sugar and chocolate,  l stirred some home-grown raspberries into the chocolate batter and scattered some on the top too.
 There is nothing more to say, except that they are scrummy - I have already had two pieces. 

Raspberry Chocolate Brownies
Makes 1 x 8 inch square tin (About 6 - 9 pieces)
140g dark chocolate

55g unsalted butter
2 medium eggs
170g golden caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
85g plain flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder

¼ teaspoon salt
1/2 punnet of fresh raspberries
25g flaked almonds for the topping
Heat oven to Gas Mark 4.
Melt the chocolate, butter and sugar in a
 bain marie (or a bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water). Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little, then beat in the eggs.
Stir in the sifted flour, baking powder and salt. 

Pour into the tin.  
Scatter the raspberries over evenly.  
Bake on middle shelf for 25 – 30  minutes, until springy in the centre but firm around the edges. 
Allow to cool in tin before slicing up and serving.  Adapted from Almond chocolate Brownies.
UP-DATE This recipe has been made by  3 blogger friends Scarlett at Heavenly Healer; and Lou who blogged about it on her blog Rainbow Chard; and Margaret at Homegrown Adventures at My Garden


  1. Too good!!! I've been looking at raspberry recipes for the last few days as I have tons of allotment raspberries right now. This is the dream recipe from my imagination - and you've made it and put it out for us to share! I'm thrilled and will be baking these tomorrow.
    Can't wait! Thanks so much.

    1. Thank you Scarlett, it is so so good to hear from you. I have returned to blogging since having a break of sorts the last couple of years to ups and down and have returned. I hope to come by your blog and catch up. Do hope all is well in your world and that you are well.

  2. These look lovely - what a great idea adding raspberries.- thank you for sharing your recipe.

  3. I want you to be my auntie please!

  4. Just made them - just eaten one, about to have another. They are fabulous! Thanks for another great recipe.

    1. Thank you so much. I am so happy you liked them.

  5. These look scrumptious. I just happen to have some raspberries in the fridge. Quick question - approximately how much is a punnet in grams?

    1. Thank you Margaret they certainly were. Ah now your asking, I am not sure how much in a punnet, I just used what I had harvested from the garden, to guess around 160g - 180g. Hope that helps, next time I will weigh, I do normally, but not this time - sorry.

    2. Just made these this evening. Oh yum!! I will post a pic when I do my next post tomorrow.

    3. Looking forward to them Margaret. I will link to them once your blog post is up, so pleased you made them :)

  6. I made these yesterday, very nice thank you :) I just looked at your photos again, they look so much better than my brownies but at least the taste was there!

    1. Oh thank you so much Lou. I will come on over to check them our and up-date this post with a link to your blog. Another fellow blogger made them too, Scarlett (see above) thumbs up, so I am pleased.

  7. Hi Shaheen

    Just wanted to update you on the state of raspberry brownie making in my kitchen - At the moment, and while I still have plentiful raspberries, they're being made at least once a fortnight but more often once a week.
    Got some more in the oven right now.
    It's a cracking recipe!

    1. Thank you so SO much Scarlett, I am super pleased - every fortnight eh, wow - now every week :) I am so pleased you like, if I have some dark chocolate in the house, I may make some this weekend too. I've loads of raspberry brownies growing in the garden too. Once again, thank you soooooo much. x


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You