Saturday, 7 August 2010

Summer Vegetable Tartlets and A2K 'Pay It Forward' winner

In the fridge, I had some summer vegetable filling left over from the 'polenta bombs'. I also had a standby packet of puff pastry. So I did what I often do with puff pastry - make a tart or tartlets in this case!
Oops before I forget, I would also like to reveal the name of A2Ks Pay It Forward recipient. Its Vic from The Life: Recipes and Vegan Adventures. CONGRATULATIONS Vic! Please can you contact me on my e mail. The e mail address can be found on my profile page. Please send me your address and a package from this corner of Scotland will be heading your way.


  1. Oh my gosh, that looks DELICIOUS! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.

  2. Those tarts look yummy. A great use for leftovers .

  3. Those tarts look vibrant and delicious.

    Congratulations to Vic!

  4. Woot! I will email you now! :)

  5. oh my goodness! this looks sooooo good! it almost looks like a little pizza.

  6. THe tartlets look so deicious Mango!

  7. They look lovely-was it rataouille you filled them with?

  8. They look delicious! A perfect dinner for the cold weather, i bet they would even taste great cold too.


  9. Your food always looks amazing. Yum.

  10. Thank you so, So much Green V-Neck.

    Thanks Rachel Cotterill.
    So lovely to hear from you.

    Thanks Rose.
    The tarts do sing of summer.
    and Yes, Lucky Vic.

    Your so welcome Vic.
    A little package will be on your way early this week :)

    Thanks Jacklyn.
    I agree the colours are very pizza-like.

    Thank you Morgan.

    Thank you so much Ms B. Thrift.

    Hi Emmalene.
    I see where you are coming from when you say 'ratatouille', I didn't think of it that way, but yes, I guess you can use ratatouille filling for these tartlets. I used the filling from the polenta bombs to make these tarts. See my previous post to this one.

    Thank you Rose.
    I think they are best served warm, rather than cold :D

    Thank you Mama or two vegan boys.

  11. Those tartlets look really tasty. I must try them.

    I will be interested to see what you put in your pay it forward parcel. I just posted my pay it forward parcel. I wonder if they are similar?

  12. Thanks Jacqueline.
    Without giving away too much. Vic is a vegan, so I had to take this into account. But it will be good to compare.

    Duh I've just realised that MacSween's Vegetarian haggis is also suitable for vegans too - ah shucks. I know for next time.

  13. oh yummy! Yes there's always a pack of puff pastry in our freezer - which generally gets made into what himself calls 'posh pizza' - pastry instead of dough and pesto instead of passata!

  14. Thanks Homebird.

    Posh pizza sounds good to me.


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You