Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Vegan Raspberry and Chocolate Cake

Some of you may remember that my father had to give up his allotment plot a year and a half ago, but he had not given up on the wish to start up another one, well he finally has got himself another allotment plot that is accessible.  I am so pleased and now that I have a little more time on my hands too, I am planning to join him. 

I know the season for sowing and planting some seeds has passed by, but there are still some things we can sow and grow together: maybe some Christmas potatoes, some radishes, fenugreek, chick-peas and salads.  If you have any suggestions, please let me know they would be most welcome.  On his plot of land, he has an eating apple tree and a row of established raspberry canes that are beginning to fruit, which brings me to my cake today - Raspberry Chocolate Cake
I have a bit of a confession to make.  I've made this cake before and its been posted on my blog early this year.  Its actually the Scottish Raspberry and chocolate Bundt cake I made for Burns Night and Day menu. The only difference with this Raspberry Chocolate cake is that this one is made with fresh raspberries and the previous cake was made with frozen raspberries. Also as raspberries are beginning to appear on market shelves, I've topped this cake off furthermore with some fresh raspberries. 
I failed to post a recipe on the original cake, so this has given me the opportunity to make it again and this time share the recipe with you all.  
I am sharing this with One Ingredient with Laura of How to Cook Good Food and Nazima of Franglais Kitchen who are featuring raspberries this month and this is my first ever entry to  Alphabakes.  This months letter is 'R'.  This month it is being hosted by Ros from TheMoreThanOccasionalBaker and Caroline at Caroline Makes. 
Vegan Raspberry and Chocolate Cake
Oops the Recipe will appear soon.
Method

20 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to see your recipe. I have never made a vegan cake before but it looks a though this could b the one to start with. Our allotment has been neglected over winter but has burst into life now, so much stuff. Just shows you, don't use pesticides, just feed every now and then and be rewarded! Good luck, and plant now for Autumn & winter. Perpetual spinach is good, kale and greens too. Thanks for linking to One Ingredient x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura.

      I like kale, perpetual spinach - so yes, must get those seeds.

      Delete
  2. Dearie, happy to know that your dad has got the land allotment. Appreciating your family's dedication towards nature. Cake looks fabulous. I have a very tiny garden space in my apartment and today I have harvested 'Bloomingdale spinach' and made a dal with that:)Have you tried growing beans, eggplants? I understand your joy. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boyfriend recently have me three seeds as a surprise but I have no idea what type of seeds they are! He just says it's a surprise. Hahah

    That cake looks soooo good by the way! I'm such a sucker for chocolate hence why I'm in awe with the photos.

    P.S: I've linked your blog on my most recent blog post. I just thought that I'd let you know. :)

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you adi,
      and i do hope you like your seed surprise when they grow.

      Delete
  4. This cakes looks so moist and delicious... YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh this looks YUMMY!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry. So when will we meet up for a cuppa and I can return your cards to you? E mail me.

      Delete
  7. I think it is well worth a re-showing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining in with AlphaBakes this month - lovely to have you on board. The cake looks stunning and I can't wait to see the recipe as I'm always on the lookout for vegan recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Baking Addict. I hope to be part f Alpha Bakes on a more regular basis from now on. I'll post the recipe up in the next few days.

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful cake, so pretty and the raspberry cuts the richness of the chocolate so well it seems a perfect pairing

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful pairing - the raspberries tempering the rich chocolate cake so well. A perfect chocolate cake for summer!
    (am not sure if my comment worked last time as I think it got swallowed up but if not feel free to delete one of the 2!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nazima. Liking both your comments so keeping them :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen