Tuesday, 3 October 2017

Vegan Cauliflower Parmigiana

I always avoid Aubergine Parmigiana when I see it on the menu at eateries, its common like mushroom risotto and vegetable lasagne - not that I don't like the idea of it, I do, I am often disappointed in the way aubergines are cooked or most of the time not cooked properly.  No wonder so many people have an aversion to aubergines.
But when I saw a Cauliflower Parmigiana version from Kristy Turners But I Could Never Go Vegan, I was interested.  I had already made Roasted Broccoli and Apple Salad  and BBQ Cauliflower Salad from the cookbook and knew it would be good.



I changed the recipe a little by only increasing the smoked paprika and not using oats as I thought the panko amount would suffice and it was fine.  
The cauliflower was crisp on the outside from the panko and the cauliflower under the baked golden crumbs was moist and pierced through nice and gently.  

Here the cauliflower Parmigiana is served here with homegrown new potatoes and green beans.
You can find the recipe here.  

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for me pointing us in the direction of that recipe - I like all the ingredients, and I love breaded stuff (I'm not alone in that, I reckon!) I'm a big cauli eater, so any new way of cooking it makes me very happy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...definitely trying this...it sounds delicious...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. M&S have a smoked tomato ketchup on offer at the moment which would really compliment this dish. Must try to make something similar myself. Got a ketchup recipe and liquid smoke.... Currently fermenting a white cabbage with caraway seeds... You?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah maybe I should make my own Ray, I still have tomatoes tumbling from the greenhouse in October and there are only so many tomato tarts I can eat. But I will go and check it out, never know may be tempted to pick it up. I have not been fermenting much recently, but I have been potting and preserving plums, pears and tomatoes and playing around with seitan!

      Delete
  4. Great cauliflower recipes, so seasonal! I'm about to post a cauliflower dish myself today, but your are so much better. I would prefer this to the aubergine variation any day. As you said, the aubergines are often cooked wrong, so it's not that enjoyable. :) Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks VegHog, it was tasty.
      Hope your having a good weekend, i just wish we had three days instead of the two.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You