Thursday, 31 August 2017

#EatYourGreens August Round Up

We have  7 seasonal green recipes to share for Eat Your Greens this month. 
The first Eat Your Greens recipe comes from Lisa Kitchen.  Lisa shared with us Mung Beans with Fresh Mustard Greens.  Lisa describes Mustard Greens like fresh chard leaves infused with a little hot mustard, but don't worry if you can't get them from a local South Asian or Oriental grocers.  I f you want to make this recipe, Lisa suggests substituting with spinach, kale and collard greens with a good pinch of dried mustard powder.   
Johanna who blogs over at Green Gourmet Giraffe shares with us some Zucchini aka Courgette Muffins, the savoury kind.   The zucchini muffins are enhanced further with cheddar cheese.  I think we all need more savoury muffins in our lives, I know I do. 
Kate from GlutenFree Alchemist also shared with us a courgette recipe.  Kate like me is growing courgettes and has been drowning in them, this gorgeous glutenfree Cacao Courgette Breakfast Cake was made in an attempt to tame that deluge.  Its one I will be making soon.
Ray who blogs at The Humble Lentil.  Ray shares with us a Thali comprising of Chana Dal, homemade Masala Kraut, Coconut Yogurt and Naan Bread, but it is the Green Bean and Potato Sabzi that he shares with EatYourGreens. 
Next we have Corina who blogs over at Searching for Spice with her amazing Spiced Vegetable Fries made with avocados, courgettes and green beans.  You will not feel guilty eating these either as they are baked not fried.  
My co-host the Veg Hog shares with us a bowl of Green and Golden Thai Curry.  This bowl has lot of interesting seasonal vegetables and tofu, but its the pak choi that makes it really  green. 
And finally, my own contribution which was a Stuffed Zucchini Tondo di Piacenza with Ricotta and Pine Nuts. 
Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to #EatYourGreens, please do take time to visit and comment on every contributors recipe if you can.  

The Veg Hog will be hosting #EatYourGreens challenge this month.  Please Follow this link on how to join in 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for including my vegetable fries! All the entries look mouthwatering and I'll be visiting them this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so these are all fabulous recipes and I'm glad to see so many!

    Mustard greens are very fascinating as greens and Lisa sure knows how to make a comforting bowl of food. Those savoury courgette muffins I would scoff away in one sitting. The courgette breakfast cake is very creative and good use of those excess courgettes. Ray's Thali is so beautiful and so are Corina's vegetable fries. And finally your stuffed zucchinis look and sound so tasty! What a good month, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow lots of beautiful green food this month - I really want to taste everything - am looking forward to some spring greens though the weather is not quite realising it is spring

    ReplyDelete
  4. How inspiring!
    If I could have right away the thali and the vegetable fries... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your EYG round ups. So much good stuff, and the veggie fries and the thali look like works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry it's taken me so long to get round to catching your lovely round up... It's been a manic summer and September....
    As always, a lovely selection of recipes..... loving the look of the Thali.... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely no problem Kate, I have been bad at commenting recently too, as work is up and down at the moment. As always your comments are really appreciated.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You