Thursday, 1 June 2017

Welcoming June #EatYourGreens Recipes and May's Round Up

Lovely June is here and I am glad May is gone.
We have  8 rich green recipes to share for #EatYourGreens. 
The first Eat Your Greens recipe comes from Laura who blogs at Touch Wood.  Laura shared Three Ways with Leftover Rice, above is her  plate loaded with kale and naturally buttery avocado. Please go on over and check out the other Two Ways....
The second recipe comes from Kate who blogs at Gluten Free Alchemist.   Kate brought to the table a naturally sweet Raw Green smoothie.  This stunning Superfood Smoothie is packed with lots of green fruit and vegetables including kale, spinach, grapes, pear, kiwi fruit and even pistachio nuts.  
Corina from Searing with Spice  joins us with her Zesty Lemon and Herb Guacamole.  This Guacamole is perfect for snacking, but I'd be happy to tuck into it whilst watching a movie at the weekend when I can savour the flavour slowly. 

Chez Maximka also known as Galina Varese shared with us a Asparagus, Kale and Dolcelatte Pasta.  Galina is not that keen on kale and she is still not convinced even having made this lovely bowl of pasta, which by the way also has some courgettes.  I think it looks delicious, not only would it be good for an evening meal, but I think I'd happily have this for lunch too.  
Johanna from Green Gourmet Giraffe has joined in with us this month with her Savoury Cheddar, Kale and Facon Muffins.  These plump and cheerful muffins are made with homemade tofu bacon and I would agree with Johanna, I too would feel like a domestic goddess eating these at work with some red pepper sticks on the side. 
From Lisa's Kitchen we have a Creamy Spinach with Mung Beans.  Lisa writes this makes for a easy, but light but complete and filling meal.  The Creamy Spinach with Mung Beans are served on a bed of Saffron Rice. 
The Veg Hog my lovely co-host is taking a break hosting #EatYourGreens as she is moving to Copenhagen, Denmark this next month, so I will be hosting until she has settled into her new abode.  

The VegHog shared Kabuki Pea Burgers made with kabuki peas and pea protein powder and boosted further with some pea shoots.  
And finally, my own contribution which was a Harissa Stew with Broccoli and Chickpeas.  


Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to #EatYourGreens, please do take time to visit and comment on every contributors recipe if you can,

As mentioned above, whilst The Veg Hog is moving to her new abode I will be hosting #EatYourGreens challenge in June and July.  Please Follow this link on how to join in and then add your contribution to the comment box.  I look forward to your contributions. 

16 comments:

  1. What a colourful selection of recipes, and it was quite popular again, I'm glad to see that. Thank you for hosting both May and June, for July I should be back up and running. I definitely also want to share a recipe in June as soon as I'm in my new kitchen. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks VegHog.
      Look forward to your June entry.

      Delete
  2. Lovely round-up of healthy recipes! Is there a theme for June? Or any colour will be fine? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Galina, esp. for joining in. No themes, but it has to be Green and of course vegetarian. Look forward to your entry.

      Delete
  3. Lovely round up! I love the sounds of Lisa's creamy spinach and mung beans and Kate's green smoothie looks amazing. I've just got back from my holidays and need to eat some healthy recipes like this again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corina for joining in. I agree, all good - but the green smoothie is amazing. Look forward to a healthy green recipe from you this month.

      Delete
  4. There are some delicious-looking recipes here. I could happily eat them all....
    Thanks for hosting Shaheen. I know I am a bit of an intermittent joiner, but I do appreciate your efforts!!
    I was looking at my veg plot today and thinking....''lots of green stuff here!''. Hopefully I can do something creative to share soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I agree!
      Its okay re participation, there are so many challenges and I don't always remember to join in either. Would be great if you do join in with greens from your garden this month though!

      Delete
  5. https://humblelentil.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/half-bunch-of-fenugreek-leaves.html Am I right in posting June's entry here, Shaheen? Delete if not 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes your right. Thank you so much Ray.

      Delete
  6. And finally here is the first dish I cooked in my new home, which is at the same time my Eat Your Greens entry: http://the-veghog.blogspot.dk/2017/06/courgette-mushroom-and-pea-pasta-sauce.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there. I've linked my Spanakopita Galette (gluten free) http://www.glutenfreealchemist.com/2017/06/spanakopita-galette-gluten-free.html
    Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for prompting me to link in my courgette noodles - I have just updated my post to include the Eat Your Greens details :-)

    http://www.bitesizedthoughts.com/2017/06/zucchini-noodles-with-creamy-turmeric.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've linked up my zucchini, sundried tomato and goats cheese galette - (apologies in a delay with linking up - life is a little crazy and I wanted to get something in this month) - http://gggiraffe.blogspot.com/2017/06/zucchini-sundried-tomato-and-goats.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is one delicious lot of green food which I'd be delighted to eat any time :D I've finally remembered to link mine up this month - yay!

    http://tinandthyme.uk/2017/06/minted-broad-bean-spread/

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You