Tuesday, 6 June 2017

Oriental Mustard Greens and Asparagus Potato Salad

I made this Oriental Mustard Greens Potato Salad a couple of weeks ago when I harvested some Mustard Greens from the greenhouse.
The Oriental Mustard Salad green leaves were hot and spicy.  I do enjoy growing my own salad greens as I rarely find anything as tasty from the supermarkets, the closest to good salad leaves have been from farmers markets.


This Potato Salad with Asparagus also made for a simple and delicious meal.  
If you don't want to use new potatoes, then perhaps make something similar with gnocchi.
I am sharing the Sweet Potato Rosemary Scones with Family Friends and Food  and Utterly Scrummy for One Potato, Two Potato challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful plate and love the roses in the previous post, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you e. Yes we are very pleased with the roses this year, shame many are facing away from us though :( due to the sunlight.

      Delete
  2. I envy your home grown mustard greens! We are in a veg box scheme and can get some interesting leaves at time but the new potatoes and asparagus speak to me. Lovely. Asparagus is one of my favourite veg but I only use it in season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. Yes, we are pleased with homegrown, always tastes much nicer. We are enjoying asparagus too, but mostly just simply cooked as a side - no fancy stuff going on with it.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful spring meal. I love how it revolves around fresh in season produce - all the better for being home grown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kari. Yes we were both delighted with the simplicity of this plate of food, but also the flavours bursting from it made it most enjoyable. Hopefully when minibite starts walking and talking, you will get her mitts mucky in the garden.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You