Wednesday, 7 June 2017

Lisa's Kitchen No Bake Cocoa and Peanut Butter Fudge (vegan)

I have a number of food bloggers recipes bookmarked, as well as those from cookbooks. I have been making an attempt to cook them, not just drool over them and admire them.
Today's bookmarked recipe comes from Lisa's Kitchen,  I play along to Lisa's No Croutons Required and My Legume Love Affair cooking challenge, by the way I am hosting MLLA this month, so please join in if you can.  



I have a thing for fudge at the moment, vegetarian fudge, vegan fudge and raw fudge.  I only made one change to Lisa's No Bake Cocoa and Peanut Butter recipe.  I substituted the coconut butter for edible cocoa butter as I did not have any coconut butter at the time since then I have found some coconut butter and keep it for for future recipe experiments.  
The Cocoa and Peanut Butter Fudge flavour  somewhat reminded me a little of my raw chocolate that I made a few years ago, but unlike those these were not an acquired taste and quite enjoyable.  These were much better in both flavour and consistency was a little fudgy and a little truffle like.  Saying that though I actually liked them more a few days later as they did not melt between the natural heat between my fingertips.

Lisa's No Bake Cocoa and Peanut Butter Fudge
Makes around 16 squares
Ingredients
100g coconut oil
70g cocoa butter (or coconut butter)
30g cocoa powder
85g crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Method
Find the original recipe and method to make here on Lisa's Kitchen.

8 comments:

  1. these look so beautiful - I'd love a little taste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johann, D gobbled most of them.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I am so delighted you enjoyed them and thanks for the mention. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so welcome, got the chickpea one bookmarked too! And thank you for sharing the recipe

      Delete
  3. We are on a shared peanut butter and chocolate wavelength Shaheen :-) (My latest post is similarly focused!) This fudge looks delicious and something I will have to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kari, I will def. come on over and check it out. I am hoping to experiment more with vegan fudge, I tried some at the Bristol Vegfest which was pretty close to the vegetarian fudge, but it was a bit pricey to purchase - so the experiments continue.

      Delete
  4. I love the outdoors pic - look at that sun! I don't make enough fudge normally, but I've got almost all of the ingredients in my cupboard, so it's time to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, the weather is so confused at the moment though - still hoping for a good w/e, so I can get some more gardening done. Do you have any vegan fudge recipes to share. I am experimenting, but am looking to find one closer to vegetarian fudge.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You