Tuesday, 28 February 2017

Bara Lawr – Welsh Laverbread Hummus

Another really easy lush green Bara Lawr – Welsh Laverbread recipe. This time I decided to stir some bara lawr into a traditional hummus base. 

I have also used Bara Lawr – Welsh Laverbread Hummus as a sandwich spread.  
Bara Lawr - Welsh Laverbread Hummus
Your will need
Ingredients
4-6 tablespoons fresh laverbread
1 x 400g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 cloves of garlic
Juice of a lemon
Olive oil
1 teaspoon Tahini
Salt and pepper to taste
Method
In a food processor blend all the ingredients to taste adding more of less oil if necessary.

Previously shared Hummus Recipes on my blog
Carrot Hummus - July 2014
Beetroot Hummus - February 2013
Wild Garlic Hummus April 2011 
Traditional Hummus January 2010 

4 comments:

  1. I've liked your series of Welsh recipes. This looks like an interesting variation on hummus - and I am always up for interesting variations on hummus.

    As an aside relating to your comment about pecans, do you have a Lidl near you? I try to buy all my dried fruits and nuts there now as they are much cheaper than elsewhere, and they have pecans at a similar unit price to other nuts! I suspect I could get better value bulk buy deals if I tried hard but they're worth scouting out if you have one available :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kari. More to come, I hope you will not tire of it - with seitan laverbread sausages being featured later this evening. Interesting you mention Lidl. I don't have one near me, but i popped into one just yesterday when I went for a meeting in a part of town I don't frequent and there was a Lidl there. Ihad a little wander and picked up some interesting crackers that I will share with IMK later, but as I was in the cashier line, the person in front of me and the people behind me had nuts inc. pecans and pistachio - I will pick some up the next time I am there, but thank you so much for the suggestion, its really appreciated. I do buy from H&B mostly, but its not always the most affordable option.Thank you again.

      Delete
  2. Oh that really is a pretty hummus. I've tried making hummus of my own before, it never quite turns out. I'd be intrigued to try this, but I'm not sure I can find laverbread here. I should take a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimmy. I totally recommend making traditional hummus at home, its so much superior that supermarket brands. You won't find laverbread where you live, its a Welsh delicacy.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You