Sunday, 5 February 2017

Vegan Beetroot Creme Brulee with Pomegranate Seeds

Its been two years since I last made a vegan Creme Brulee, and I was looking for an excuse to use my new cooks kitchen blow torch that was gifted to me two years ago, when I grumbled to my husband that the Brulee topping of the Creme Brulee I had made were not perfect. Christmas came that year and I found one under the Christmas tree. 

I  made these stunning vegan Beetroot Creme Brulee's  with Pomegranate Seeds last weekend. 
These Beetroot Coconut Creme Brulees are vegan and were a a bit of an experiment.  I was not sure if the heaviness of the beetroot was solidify, I was pleased with my first attempt as the Beetroot Coconut Creme Brulee turned out pretty amazing.  I have to admit there are still a couple of tweaks required as its not perfect,  but I am happy to share what I have already with my readers as Valentines Day is coming.  
The Beetroot Coconut Creme Brulee really, really was luscious, it was creamy, it was delicious and it was really amazing to eat breaking through the shardy sugar glass with my little spoon. 

I am going to be honest and forgive me if its sounds boastful, that is not my intention, bit I was rather surprised and a little impressed with myself that I was able to create something so gorgeous in my home, this is the kind of dessert you find at avante garde vegetarian and vegan restaurants. I am even secretly smiling to myself. 
The photograph above of the vegan Beetroot Coconut Creme Brulee, one without the sugar topping, and one with the brulee sugar topping and then I finished it all off with a generous scattering of ruby pomegranate seeds.

Please be patient, I promise I will share the recipe just to tweak it a little bit for it to be Perfect, but right now I  am sharing these Beetroot Creme Brulee's with Healthy Vegan Fridays by Rock My Vegan Socks and V Nutrition who have a Valentines Theme this week; and Treat Petite hosted by The Baking Explorer and CakeyBoi.
As a member of Suma Bloggers Network, I will receive a selection of complimentary products every two months to use in recipe development and blog original recipes for the Network. 
Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

12 comments:

  1. I would be grinning if I created this too. I am not a fan of creme brulee usually but this sounds really good esp with the pomegranate seeds for a little texture. Glad it was as good as it sounded. I would be interested to see the recipe, though I am not so likely to make it as I am not making many desserts right now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I have also made two more veggie desserts that I will showcase hopefully this month and I think you will also like. I will share the recipe, just let me tweak it a little more to make it perfect, right now its just right

      Delete
  2. A)I need to get vanilla bean paste!
    B) The colors of this are perfect for the upcoming V-Day holiday!

    Great dish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love the recipe - the colour is breathtaking! I'd be so pleased if someone put that in front of me on Valentine's! My other half is a beetroot dodger - but I reckon this could convince him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joey.
      I used to be a beetroot dodger, but the more I experimented with beetroot the more i fell under its gothic colour spells. I will share the recipe, just let me tweak it a little more to make it perfect, right now its just right

      Delete
  4. Stunning, Shaheen!
    "I was rather surprised and a little impressed with myself that I was able to create something so gorgeous in my home"
    You shouldn't be - your creations are amazing - you are quite good in the kitchen, give yourself more credit where it is due =)
    I have never attempted to make vegan crème brûlée, it seems like it would be difficult, I applaud your divine dessert.
    And thank you for sharing on Healthy Vegan Fridays. You bet this will be featured this week! Pinning & sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much Kimmy.
      I do sometimes doubt myself in the kitchen, really...but then when I get going I am rocking and rolling :) I have a small tweak to make, but I will post up the recipe.

      Delete
  5. These look so good Shaheen! I've never made vegan creme brulee before but they look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mary Ellen,
      Please do give it a go, you will be pleased that you did.

      Delete
  6. Wow these look gorgeous I love the vibrant colour! Thanks for linking up to #TreatPetite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kat. I had not realised Creme Brulee was permitted, i had always thought it was only baked goods. I would join in more otherwise

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You