Thursday, 21 April 2016

Rainbow Bell Pepper Spaghetti

This Rainbow Pepper Spaghetti dish is one of the simplest evening meals I have ever made.  Its only quick if you have the ingredients prepped.  Its really a vegetable stir fry, just made with bell peppers. 



I didn't have any courgettes, as spiralized courgetti would have been an addition too, so for the green chucked in a handful of baby spinach.  
I still can't bring myself to serve these with noodles as I am not a huge fan of noodles, saying that though I have developed a liking for buckwheat soba noodles but I still went with steamed plain Basmati rice, but if you like noodles more than I do, then please be my guest. 

I've gone Oriental flavours here this time, but was really tempted with my Sriracha bottle - so I give you the option of either in the recipe below. 
Make sure you prep the ingredients before getting the pan hot and that the steamed rice is ready.  I am sharing this with Healthy Happy Green Partyand Cook Blog Share hosted by Hijacked By Twins; and Kimmy at Rock My Vegan Socks for Healthy Vegan Fridays; and finally with Credit Crunch Munch hosted this month by From Plate to Pen and often co-hosted by Fuss Free Flavours and Fab Food For All.  
Rainbow Bell Pepper Spaghetti
Serves  3 -  4
Ingredients
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1 red pepper, 
1 orange pepper
1 yellow pepper
4 carrots, peeled and sliced into ribbons with your peeler 
100g baby spinach leaf or 2 courgettes, spiralized or thinly sliced into long wriggly sticks
3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce OR 2 tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
1 tablespoon Tamari or soy sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
Method
Heat the oil in a wide pan, then stir in the ginger and saute for a couple of minutes, before stirring in the pepper spaghetti slices and carrots and cook with the lid on for a few minutes, turning it now and again to avoid it from catching.
Stir in the baby spinach (or courgette) which will wilt by the heat.
Then turn off the heat and coat in the Teriyaki (or Sriracha) sauceand Tamari sauce and toasted sesame seed oil.
Garnish with optional toasted sesame seeds. 
Serve immediately. 

22 comments:

  1. Ohhh! Our tastes are very much the same! This looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is really pretty - would look great at a buffet with a spread of dishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in this recipe!
    Need to go buy some bell peppers now. :)

    VEGETARIAN COURTESYFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adi, the colours certainly are pretty

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful dish - your pictures are lovely and it sounds like a great meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kari. I share taking pics with my husband, he usually takes the better ones, like this one. I will let him know, he will be pleased.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty — and sounds delicious. I've never thought to make the peppers central to the stir-fry instead of just an accent, but what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea. I am so pleased you like this.

      Delete
  6. This is very nice looking and simple recipes are great. I wish I had bought some bell peppers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks VegHog. Hope you still fins some peppers!

      Delete
  7. I love that you call this dish spaghetti! So fun! Simple dishes like this are a staple in my kitchen, thanks for sharing! Visiting from the Plant Based Potluck Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison, appreciate you coming by.

      Delete
  8. I love peppers and love making vegetable noodles so this is going to be a must try! Thank you for sharing with #CookBlogShare x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsty, it makes for a nice change to zucchini veg noodles!

      Delete
  9. What a fab frugal meat free dish! Thanks for joining up with #CreditCrunchMunch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm actually quite fond of noodles... maybe a little too fond ;p So I quite like the idea of using vegetables as noodles and even trying to prepare them so they look like noodles. The flavours sounds good too, I can't wait to try it out.
    Thank you for sharing this at Healthy Vegan Fridays! I'm pinning =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So yummy! This is my kind of healthy comfort food! Thank you for sharing your healthy and delectable Rainbow Bell Pepper Spaghetti recipe with us on the Plant-Based Potluck Party Link Up. I'm pinning and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah. It made for a nice change.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You