Sunday, 15 December 2013

Vegan Gingerbread Men Cake

If you like ginger, then you will like these Gingerbread Men Cakes.

Some of you may remember early in the year I made some vegan gingerbread cake. They did look quite plain, so I promised you that I would use my gingerbread cake men moulds, well here they are. These are the same moulds I used for my Halloween Beetroot Pies.  Unlike it's biscuit brother, these are softer to eat, and the ginger comes through quite strong. 




Some of you may remember early in the year, I made some vegan gingerbread cakeThey did look quite plain, so I promised you that I would use my gingerbread men moulds.  These are made with the same moulds I used for my Halloween Beetroot Pies.  Unlike it's biscuit brother, these are softer to eat, and the ginger comes through quite strong.  You can enjoy these with cream, ice-cream or just plain as it is with a cuppa tea. 

I am sharing these vegan Gingerbread Men cake with  Tea Time Treats.  The theme is Festive Foodie Gifts hosted by What Kate Baked and alternately by  Lavender and Lovage.  And Simply Cook who is hosting Lets Cook Christmas Party Food.  

Vegan Gingerbread Men Cake
Makes 8 Gingerbread Men Cake
Ingredients
30g cocoa powder
180g plain flour
½ teaspoon bicarbonate soda
½ teaspoon salt

2½ teaspoons ginger powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
165g brown sugar
200ml strong brewed coffee, cooled
100ml vegetable oil

60g crystallized ginger, chopped
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar

Method
Heat the oven to Gas Mark 5. Line 8-10 round cake tins with baking parchment paper.
In a large bowl, sift the flour, cocoa, soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Stir in the sugar. 

In a small bowl, combine the coffee with the oil and whisk. Then beat the liquid into the dry ingredients. Then quickly stir in the vinegar, followed by the crystallized ginger.
Pour the batter into the moulds. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
These are better served the following day. 


18 comments:

  1. Cocoa, coffee, ginger, vinegar - that is certainly an unexpected combination of ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so sweet! I love to see everyone's special holiday treats all dolled up and photographed so prettily! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute, thanks for sending them to Lets cook christmas party food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh very cute - and I sometimes think I prefer a gingerbread cake to biscuits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too gingerbread. I especially love the nobbly ends of a gingerbread loaf.

      Delete
  5. Your recipe for vegan gingerbread will be perfect for me to make for my brother, who is now a vegan. You are always so creative in the kitchen, Shaeen. The very best to you this holiday season and a wonderful warm and healthful new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much Barbara.
      Wishing you warmth and healthful New Year too.

      Delete
  6. I've just adapted your recipe...I'd just made Beetroot Chocolate cake, so thought that TWO choc cakes would be OTT!!
    Instead of the cocoa I used ground almonds, and I used rice flour. So vegan AND GF! I need to get over the crumbliness- perhaps a little bigger proportion of almonds? It tastes good-thats the most important thing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing gz. I'm please. Hope you have a good Christmas.

      Delete
  7. These look delicious! Flabour combo sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much for entering TTT and Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never ever eaten gingerbread. For real. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sumaiyyah, always good to hear from you.
      Well you know what to do, make your own. :)

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You