Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Gingerbread Cake with Edible Snowflakes, Snowman and Christmas Tree

After having a go at making the Oreo Wreaths and Gingerbread Men Shaped Cakes for the Christmas table, I thought I'd attempt mini Ginger and Chocolate Cakes.  The real excuse for making these was to try out my snowflake fondant cake decorating plunger cutters as these cakes would have been quite plain to look at otherwise.  I have to say, the transformation was quite dramatic, even so with a sprinkling of edible gold glitter and a light dusting of icing sugar. 

At the weekend, I also attended a free taster class in sugar paste crafting.  It was being run by the same woman who taught me how to emboss and decorate this cake with butterflies.  I came home with two pieces.  The first a snowman with ear-muffs, we were shown how to make a bobbly hat too,  but I preferred the ear-muffs.  The second was a Christmas Tree.  

Unfortunately on the bus journey back home, they tree had become wonky and the carrot nose of the Snowman fell off and got a little squished.  Still I was pleased with my first attempts to show them off here on one of the Gingerbread cakes.    
I will be making more of these Gingerbread cakes at the weekend with the snowflakes, minus the Snowman and Christmas Tree.  They were made for my own amusement and will remain sat on the side for the next few weeks.

Makes 4 x mini round cake tins
For the recipe follow this link. 


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You