Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Moggy Love RIP

Those of you who read my blog regular will remember me introducing you to my new garden friend who I fondly named  Moggy.
Long story, but upon taking Moggy to the vet a few months back for having a poorly paw, we found out who the owners were.  The cat's original owners were on the move and staying in temporary abode whilst they found a new home, so the cat was left with the sister who lived not that far from us.  Except this inquisitive cat wasn't happy there as there was another cat there, so it found its way to our home and our hearts.  We made an agreement with the original owners that we would foster the cat that we named Moggy until they found a permanent home.  
Yesterday afternoon, Moggy did not turn up for lunch.  It's not that unusual, sometimes it goes exploring, but then it got to 5 o'clock and still not appeared.  I started to get worried.  Then I got a phone call.  It was from the owner.  It was not good.  She had got a phone call from the RSPCA that Moggy had been run over.  Worse was yet to come, he had lost the use of both of its back legs.  It was so bad that he had to be put to sleep forever.  I know it may sound silly to some, that a small animal can have such a big emotional  impact on a human being, but I am absolutely  heart-broken and have been crying since I was told of the sad news.  It is in his honour that I write this short blog post, a way for me to grieve as well as record our time, albeit a short one together.
I knew he would be leaving us oneday, but to be taken away from us in this very cruel way, really, hurts.  I really cannot believe he's gone this way.  I keep looking for my fur ball of a friend: sometimes out of the kitchen door window, hoping to see him sat on its cushion waiting for his opportunity to come in. I keep looking up at the bedroom window where it sat looking out at the passing traffic; and even the bed next to me where it often napped on its tiger blanket whilst I sat on the computer. This is my way of saying that I just cannot stop thinking about him. 
In the little time we had Moggy, just over six months he was an absolute joy and filled a huge gap in my life.  Moggy wasn't the prettiest of cats, but he certainly was a cat with lots of charm and character, he totally made me smile big time.  Moggy was good company for me, especially as I was home alone for hours on end. I really was blessed to have him in my life.  It teased me with its teeth, humoured us with his curiosity and mischief.  He truly stole and made his way into our hearts.  I know life will go on, but We will truly miss Moggy - Rest in Peace my furry friend. Thank you so much for being part of our life, even if it was for such a short time.  You presence, affection and antics will truly be missed.  x

27 comments:

  1. What a shame, a least you had some time in the company of what sounds like a remarkable cat. He must have loved it with you to have stayed, so nice that you found each other.

    RIP Moggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.
    Pets find their way into our hearts and leave a raw and empty space when they are gone, especially if it's in this way.
    You gave Moggy a loving and happy home for a while and I hope that soon you can come to terms with your loss and enjoy your happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear this sad news - and what a dreadful way to go for the poor thing. Although cats are often a "law unto themselves", they give us a lot of pleasure in their company (and sometimes their funny antics).

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh darling... what a lovely but tragic story... Im sure Moggy had some lovely comforting love from you and your family... my thoughts are with you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shaheen it's not silly at all to feel this way. Animals can play a huge part in our lives and when we lose them, as inevitably we do, it does break our hearts. Even more so if it was unexpected. Let yourself grieve for Moggy. Sending you a hug. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry, Shaheen. Losing a pet is like losing a family member. At least you gave him a happy loving home during his brief time. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear of your sad news,a loss is a loss no matter who it is. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. RIP Moggy :(
    I am so sorry for your loss
    Sending you lots of hugs
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sad to hear about your Moggy. He obviously found you great company by choosing to come and live with you, thanks for sharing your lovely photos and story. Our rescue chickens recently passed away and even now I still look up the garden for them pecking around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember reading about him in your past blogs. It shocked me when I read the title and send you my condolences. I know the pain that you're feeling; I had a cat for the same amount of time as well, and when he passed away I couldn't stop crying. The time spent together may not even be a year, but animals leave a huge impact on us. He looked like a very cute cat and I think you were very blessed to have him as company.

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so, so,sad for you. I know all too well that cats choose the people who will love them. I'm very glad he allowed you into his life. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even when they are not officially yours, they still manage to tug at the heart strings.
    Sorry you have lost your little moggy companion.
    My old cat Rosie had to be put to sleep 3 months ago and I could not bear it to not have a cat about the place. Lucy is now my feline companion and oh, what a fuss pot she is!
    You have lovely memories to hold on to and you know what happened to him/her and will in time feel less pain.
    Bless your heart. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw Shaheen, Moggy looks like a terrific little character and I'm so sorry to hear you've lost him. When you fall for a cat it's a hook, line and sinker job and heartbreak is not too strong a word to describe how their humans feel when they're no longer around. Big hugs and just think of the amazing legacy he's left you with wandering into your life 6 months ago. It's true that pets choose us and not the other way round.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am very sad to read this because I know how truly sad you are. Warm thoughts, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh shaheen - I am sorry sorry to hear about moggy. How sad for you to have him taken away in that way. I get worried about our Zinc when she doesn't come home til late but am always so relieved when she does turn up. Will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sad story... :-/ Kitties really do have a talent for finding the right home and the people who they want to be with. Once found it's not so easy for human 'owners' to decide differently. We've been adopted more than once and always by distinctive little characters. It's always sad to let them go, but it's inevitable of course. Especially with the adventuresome ones who like to roam on our sadly inhospitable human landscape. I always worry for our boys, but there's not a lot you can do bar trap them indoors which unless they've been reared that way, would be a cruel confinement for such independent creatures. Wishing you - and Moggy wherever he may be - the best of things x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry to hear this. It was good of you to foster him... or to let him adopt you :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so sad. My uncle used to own a cat called Mockie. Got taken from us in a horrible way too. I love cats. Hope you're okay Shaheen,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thinking about you Shaheen, such a terrible story, but thankfully moggy had a wonderful 6 months with you x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sorry to hear this Shaheen - it's happened to my friend's cats more times than I care to think about. Do hope you're OK.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sorry for the loss of your feline friend...I've lost two over the years and may need to re-home the two remaining due to allergies...Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about Moggy. I know nothing I can say will make you feel any better right now, but I do know that Moggy was a very lucky cat indeed to have had you as a "foster- mum" and I know you must have made his life very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awwww.... I am so, so sorry! And as I read it, I was thinking how beautiful he was!
    My heart breaks for you, and my heart and deepest sympathies go out to you! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hugs to you Shaheen...so sorry for your loss. Blessed be.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Shaheen,
    I am so terribly sorry about the loss of your friend.
    RIP Moggy.
    Chandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chandra. Even though we have moved home, I still miss and think of the joy he gave me in the short time he was with me.

      Delete
  26. I know this is from a while ago, but it made me bawl like a baby because I so relate! Cats are amazing and Moggy was an adorable little koala bear! I hope you can find it in your heart to rescue a needy or unwanted kitty to call your own, to expand both of your lives! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You