Monday, 25 March 2013

Chilli and Clementine Cheesecake

My not so little brother requested that I make the Chilli and Clementine, he's been feeling a little under the weather, so of course as a good big sister - I did as he requested and made him his own Chilli and Clementine Cheesecake.  I hope he shares some of it with his little ones. 
I have already posted this recipe earlier in the year, but of course by doing so again I can show it off once more.  This time I am sharing it with One Ingredient hosted this month by Laura of How to Cook Good Food and Nazima of Franglais Kitchen who are featuring my favourite ingredient chilli this month.
Clementine and Chilli Cheesecake
Serves 8
Packet of digestive biscuits
55g butter
225g cream cheese
280ml whipping cream
85g caster sugar
Zest and Juice from 2 large and firm clementines
Pinch of chilli flakes plus extra for garnishing
1 whole clementine, peeled and segments separated for the topping
Grease and line the bottom of a 8 inch cake tin and crush all the biscuits in a bowl. Then melt the butter in a pan and stir in the biscuit crumbs. Tip this into the cake tin, spread out and press firmly with the back of a spoon. Chill in the fridge. Put the zest and juice of the clementines into a bowl and stir in the sugar until dissolved. Stir in the cream cheese until it is of a smooth consistency. Whip the cream in another bowl, then fold into the cheese mixture, finally fold in the chilli flakes until combined. Then evenly spoon the mixture onto the biscuit base. Smooth out flat, cover with cling film and chill for at least 2 hours; even better overnight.
When the cheesecake is set, remove from the tin and decorate with clementine segments and sprinkle of the chilli flakes. Slice and serve.


  1. Mmm that looks really yummy. I might try that so thanks :-)

  2. I've never head of this type of cake before, but it sounds very interesting! I'll definitely have to find or make some.

    1. Thanks Adi, I don't think you'll find it, so you will have to make some :)

  3. I love cheesecake & I love chilli so I'm sure this is a match made in heaven!

  4. What a beautifully unique and creative recipe!! You are such a kind sister! :-)

  5. OMG, this sounds just like like my idea of heaven. I want a piece now...

    1. I'd be happy to share a slice with you, not sure about my brother.

  6. Love this, a dessert with chilli in it sounds perfect as well as being delicious!
    Thanks for linking to One Ingredient! x

  7. YUM, I could just eat some as a treat on a miserable cold night. Hope you are keeping warm-ish, thanks for taking a look at my Skye photos.
    Like the look of your previous Mexican dish too, I'm losing heat on the old aga here at the moment so I'm back to just making soups and stews, no heat for pastry, pies or jacket spuds which is a pain as I tend to crave those in cold conditions! BFN, Sally x

    1. Thanks Sally, sorry to learn of your aga - hope it recovers and that you'll soon be able to make those comfort dishes. The tamale is great, you should really try it.

  8. What an innovative pairing of flavours! I love the combination of fresh and sweet and hot and spicy... looks delicious. :)

    - Mira


If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You