August is coming to an end and slowly ushering in September with cooler evenings. As much as I have been thankful for the sunshine, I have to admit - I am no sun worshipper and am actually looking forward to putting on sweatshirts and baggy jumpers. Yes, I am a Autumn person and am looking forward to seeing the trees change from its many shades of green to shades of golden browns.
The first Eat Your Greens recipe comes from Johanna aka The Green Gourmet Giraffe. Johanna shares Cauliflower, Rocket, Pine nut and Currant Salad. She writes tha tshe is quite in love with roasted cauliflower lately. I can totally appreciate why as roasting this vegetable completely alters its flavour. The roasted cauliflower is enhanced further by the pepper rocket.
The next recipe comes from Ephee who blogs over at The Ephemeral Daily Meal and Other Magic Tricks. Ephee shares Salade de Kale Masala which actually didn't translate so well by google, as its not actually masala, but Massaged Kale with dukkah. I love the sound of this. I have heard so much about massaged kale, but have never got round to making it or even trying it.
My co-host The Veg Hog has been quite busy, but managed to share with us Fennel and Broad Bean Stew which she describes as summerly and warm, as she has been craving more wholesome warming dishes like soups and stews - yes, we both seem to be looking forward to the Autumn.
And finally, my own contribution Courgette and Black Flame Raisins. We enjoyed them, that is all I am saying.
The Veg Hog will be hosting #EatYourGreens challenge this month. Please Follow this link on how to join in.



A lovely round up as always. I like a bit of massaged kale myself, but now I'm thinking about how I'd make a masala kale salad - that sounds fab too!
ReplyDeleteThank you Joey.
DeleteI know what you mean, masala kale salad got me thinking too!
What a nice round up with tasty recipes. I'm also happy for some more autumnal weather, the heat wasn't for me...
ReplyDeleteThanks VegHog, looking forward to autumnal eat your greens!
DeleteOooooh, those all look so lovely! Excellent work all around this month.
ReplyDelete(And hooray for sweater-weather!)
I have one kale salad that is massaged which is great - and now summer is on the horizon I need to return to it. And hopefully more greens - have to think about a vegan mofo green recipe worthy of Eat Your Greens :-)
ReplyDelete