Wednesday, 17 July 2013

A bowl of strawberries


Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while will know that I am a passionate vegetable gardener.  After all it was the premise of this whole blog: allotment2kitchen, but life has changed dramatically since late 2010 and things don't seem to be improving, in spite of all my efforts.  Still I hope and remain a optimist, encouraged by my husband that things will get better.

Anyway, this is a way of saying that there is not much going on in my rented garden: a small herb patch and lots of weeds.  The wildlife are happy though, especially the bumble bees.   And Oh and there are strawberries!
Some of you may remember in June I mentioned that I had unearthed a small patch of strawberry plants that I has planted last year when I had moved into the house.  Well the delicate white strawberry flowers have now turned into juicy blood red strawberries.  I enjoyed some yesterday simply with a drizzle of honey and cream,  and today I made a Strawberry and Vanilla Lassi.  I will share the recipe with you tomorrow

For now just gaze at these sweet deep red shapely strawberries . 

 

11 comments:

  1. I am sure things will be get better (though don't listen to Brian Cox because I heard him last night saying actually the laws of physics says that the song he played on called Things Can Only Get Better is wrong) And when things aren't great a bowl of home grown strawberries is just what you need

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna. Do hope all is going well for you too xxx

      Delete
  2. Keep your chin up Shaheen, I am sure that D is right and things will get better. Sending you a hug. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kath, hug greatly appreciated. So need a friends on days.

      Delete
  3. It's such a good year for strawberries, I love it! Yours look amazing, I'm looking forward to the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed this. You have strawberries!! wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the future will be brighter for you, my friend! :)

    Keep up your spirits & beliefs! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your future will be brighter & happier soon!

    Keep up your spirit & beliefs! Hugs! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen