Friday, 12 April 2013

Vegan Chocolate Chilli Cheesecake

Some of you may know that I am hosting Pasta Please encouraging fellow bloggers to submit a veggie pasta dish that includes the red hot ingredient Chilli.  Well I don't have my Chilli pasta submission to share yet, but what I do have is a Vegan Chocolate Chilli Cheesecake that I made last week. 

I don't completely know why it has taken me so long to make a vegan cheesecake, well if you push me, I think the reason may be the ingredients: one of which is sometimes silken tofu and I haven't cooked much with tofu in sweet dishes.  Well I have to say I was really impressed, as it was a doddle to make and one I look forward to making again.
Please don't assume this is knock your socks off kinda Chilli Cheesecake, the chilli is really subtle, yet warming.  A couple of my nephew and nieces who have been helping me out at work for a few hours (for pocket money of course) got to try a slice of which only a couple were left over.  They really loved it and were none the wiser it was a vegan cheesecake.  And the other slice, was shared by myself and my truly.
The only thing I would do differently is make it in a 8 inch round tin, rather than the 10 inch that I used here.  This would have made the chocolate tofu topping much dense.
I will post the recipe in the next few days or so.

12 comments:

  1. it looks lovely - I quite like the idea of lots of base and thin filling - were your nieces and nephews ok about the chilli in it - is vegan cheesecake more challenging than chilli?

    BTW great way for the kids to get pocket money - and nice for you to spend time with them (I hope)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna, My nephews and nieces like their spices so they were ok with the chilli in it. Its wasn;t that overwheming. I am enjoying spending time with them and getting to know them on a 121 basis

      Delete
  2. I am looking forward to the recipe! This looks amazing Shaheen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Promise to post when I get time to sit and blog proepr. Ive note some other rcipes still missing.

      Delete
  3. that looks so good. i like chili with chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that sounds amazing, I wish I'd been in that day to try some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nx week I am hoping to make a vegan strawberry cheesecake maybe you'll pop by and try some.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You