Tuesday, 25 April 2017

Homemade Vegan Corn Dogs - Yes Corndogs

Drum roll please....

Here are some awesome homemade vegan Corn Dogs.
I had seen vegan corn dogs a couple of years back on a fellow bloggers blog and was mighty curious about them. I had thought it was literally sweetcorn deep fried in batter, then told it was a hot dog sausage covered in golden corn batter and then deep fried.  Very popular in parts of America. 

I have been waiting for an excuse to make them and a little while back when I had a full house of guests the opportunity to make these vegan Corn Dogs were presented to me. had not int
I do have have a deep fat fryer, I do but i don't cook in it often to merit it taking up valuable space in the kitchen.  So made these vegan corn dogs in a deep wide pan, three at a time .  My guests all stood around me and watched me in amazement as I made these vegan corn dogs and took pictures.   
These pictures belong to them, as my hands were busy. 
Vegan Corn Dog drowning in  yellow cornmeal batter
I was pleasantly pleased with the result as well as the fact, that they tasted delicious.  D wants me to make them again, and I have vowed to but I need 4 more people in the house to justify it.  Do you want to be my guest?!  
vegan Corn Dogs sizzling in the hot oil
I am sharing these with Inheritance Recipes co hosted by Solange at Pebble Soup and Coffee and Vanilla as the vegan Corn Dogs will be made every time I have a particular crowd of friends over.

Other Vegan Corn Dog recipesVegan Crunchy Corn Dogs from VegSpinz
Baked Corn Dogs from Go Vegan Meow

Vegan Corndogs Batter enough to coat 12- 16 veggie Corn Dogs
Deep fat fryer
A tall glass
12 - 16 wooden skeweres
Ingredients
12 - 16 vegan Hot Dogs
Recipe adapted from  and Hell Yeah Its Vegan

12 comments:

  1. What fun...we have made Vegan Corndogs too...but not for years...I think it's time we did it again...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really was enjoyable making these with an audience, an attentive one too. Hope you make some soon.

      Delete
    2. That is always my problem to take pictures as I go, yours are fantastic. thank you for your continual support to Inheritance Recipes and for sharing with us

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much. I really enjoy participating in Inheritance Recipes, such a great blog challenge.

      Delete
  2. These vegan corn dogs are tempting, I do not know whether I will get them here in Calgary. I will check in the shop.
    You will laugh at me, in the morning I came here to check "Eat your greens". I wanted to check whether green fruits are allowed in it or not.LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, that is funny - look forward to your eatyourgreens recipe - yes green fruits are permitted.

      Delete
  3. I have never seen a corndog and (if I am honest) they aren't something I'm likely to seek out - but they do have that appeal that comes from quintessential American dishes. Well done on making your own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kari. I was curious and I really loved these, do try the vegan corndog if you ever stumble across somewhere that does it.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh!!! Those look so good!!!!! Would you believe I've never had a corn dog? Vegan or otherwise. I'm definitely curious to try these out =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimmy, there were awesome My husband wants me to make them again. I was going to this w/e then go distracted with other things. I hope you do try them out.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing this. We will be definitely be making them with my girls... they love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margot, hope your girls love it.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You