Friday, 3 February 2012

Chocolate Banana Bread

Chocolate Banana Bread known to me also as 'Leopard Bread', so named because of the pattern: rosettes on gold. 

Anyway, I made this Chocolate Banana Bread, oh a little while ago.  I think it may have been made for one of the times when we travelled down South, but I can't remember for sure.  What I do know for sure though is that I have not shared it with you.  So here it is - super moist. 
Well officially no more baking for me for the next couple of weeks as all the cookware has been packed, other than a small pot. a frying pan, a couple of plates. glasses, mugs and utensils to get us through the next few days.

Oh I am getting excited about the move, but also a little nervous as the weather is due to turn harsh and we still have to get all our stuff shifted from Scotland (across England) to Wales and hopefully all fairly in tact!  I do hope the weather is gentle on us  It hasn't been so far with the leaking roof, so I don't know why I am wishing for it to be gentle to us.  Knowing our luck, it will be snowing heavy the day we come to officially move and the removal firm may postpone it - hopefully not.  Let us see.

Chocolate Banana Cake
Serves 6 - 8
Ingredients
2 - 3 ripe bananas, mashed
170g golden brown caster sugar
185g self-raising flour, sifted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons milk
100g dark chocolate chips or dark chococlate, chopped into small pieces
80g walnuts, roughly chopped
Method
Preheat oven to gas mark 4.  Lightly grease a 8 x 4 loaf tin and line the base with baking paper.
Put the mashed banana and sugar in a large bowl and mix well.  Add the flour, eggs, oil and milk and gently stir until well combined.  Stir in the chocolate and walnuts. 
Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 50 minutes to an hour or until a cake tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack.

If you fancier a plainer Banana Bread check out this link.   You won't be disappointed.
Monkey eating bananas at Portobello Market 2011 - not literally.

28 comments:

  1. Even though you will be travelling and not posting new recipes for awhile, there are so many on your blog, one only has to do a little search on the sidebar.

    What a great new adventure for you both!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gardening Bren. Still have the internet today, maybe tomorrow - so a couple of more posts then I am off air - until who knows when. See you when I get back x

      Delete
  2. yum! looks delicious. we just made some chocolate chip banana bread the other day, too. i love how good it makes the kitchen smell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sara,
      Snap.
      It does make the kitchen smell so good.

      Delete
  3. Yum-bananas and chocolate together...wonderful!

    All the very best with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thos sounds delightful to have sliced up and packed for a journey. Stopping and unwrapping to eat a slice would be delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James,
      I recall it was. No cakes for the journey this time - maybe some homemade flapjacks with the last of the frozen freezer berries.

      Delete
  5. Yum! I love banana bread for breakfast, gives me the sugar I need to get into gears but is never as sweet as proper cake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Torwen - What you've never made a sweet cake, really.

      Delete
  6. oh my goodness! I'm totally making a vegan version of this yummmm! I was full before I started drooling over your cake/bread haha
    All the best with the move- remember to hydrate! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire.
      I so hope you enjoy your vegan version. Although I am not vegan, I do try and make vegan cakes now and again. If you like spices and I am guessing you do, check this one out.
      http://allotment2kitchen.blogspot.com/2011/08/chocolate-and-chilli-cake.html

      Delete
  7. That looks super yummy! I wonder how much it would be for you to ship it to the the United States? ;).

    I hope your move goes well. I had some ancesters come from Wales and I'd love to see pictures once you get settled in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs Green Toes,
      Thank you so so much for your lovely comment, sadly can't ship it to the USA, but maybe you should try and make it - you;ll love the smell coming from your kitchen, I assure you.

      Thanks for the kind wishes, due to move in a few more days. I am origianlly from Wales, so its a return journey for me after 15 years. I am looking forward to exploring new places and will def. be sharing lots!

      Delete
  8. Lots of luck with the move Shaheen. Maybe you have used up all your bad weather luck and moving day will be perfect (fingers crossed!). This cake looks delightful too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kari.
      I hope your right about the weather.

      Delete
  9. Wow wow wow... I haven't made banana cake for some time and I do miss it! I too haven't had a lot of opportunities to bake since I now live away from home, though at the moment I am home and baking up a storm in the kitchen! I'm making cookies to last me 3 weeks... hoho. I hope everything's going smoothly about the move... experiencing new things is (usually) always exciting! With all the extra work you're doing, don't forget that the most important thing to take care of is your health, Shaheen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely to hear from you Sumaiyyah - Busy Lady.

      Delete
  10. Great Banana Bread - good luck with the move! Looking forward to when you are back on the air".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magnolia. Hopefully two more posts, if not - def. one more.
      Then who knows...

      Delete
  11. Yum! I think the addition of walnuts makes all the difference! My friend made choc chip banana bread the other day and we ate it fresh from the oven. However, I hear that it's better to eat banana bread the next day as it becomes stickier? Sometimes one can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree its better the next day - sticky.

      Delete
  12. Every time I visit your blog i get hungry and really happy. That banana bread looks so delicious, I am making this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like. Please let me know how it turns out.

      Delete
  13. Coincidentally I made some chocolate banana bread last week as well & love how it made my kitchen small. These days I'm collecting banana bread recipes (some odd obsession) so bookmarking this for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you Grapefruit. Its been a while I like bookmarking different banana recipes too.

      Delete
  14. Oh this sounds delicious, any excuse to add chocolate to a recipe and I am sold! Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You