Thursday, 18 October 2012

Graceland Cake 'Strawberry, Banana and Peanut Butter Cake'

One of the cakes I created for the cafe is dubbed by my husband as The Graceland Cake aka Strawberry, Banana and Peanut Butter Cake.  Its obviously a homage to Elvis Presley.  Its proven to be very popular and hardly lasts a day as you can see as I was unable to take a picture of the cake while it was whole, as the slices just kept disappearing. 
Every one who has had a slice of this, has said its both healthy because of the fresh fruits and unhealthy because of the amount of fat in the form of peanut butter.  Of course, its meant to be a treat, a little bit more luxurious - not to be consumed every day.  I've been told by a few customers that I should use the Graceland (Elvis) cake to promote the cafe, for example I should get someone to dress up as Elvis and offer some samples of the cakes on the High Street, this way I would also promote the cafeteria and encourage some people to walk up the hill and try out my food.  I think its a very good idea.  Anyone want to volunteer?!

We also serve another Elvis creation at the cafe - The Elvis Bagel which I promise to share with you in the very near future.  For now, just feast your eyes on this as the strawberry season says farewell until next year.  
For those of you interested in this recipe, its quite simple really.  Its based on my  Banana cake recipe. Instead here, I have split the batter between two 8 inch round baking pans; and then slathered one with smooth peanut butter; the other with homemade strawberry jam and then sandwiched them together with slices of fresh banana.  For its final garnishing it is topped with more strawberry jam and fresh strawberries.  Feel free to serve it with freshly whipped double cream if you want to dine more royally with the King. 

18 comments:

  1. This looks a real treat, and made my chutney on toast fir breakfast seem quite boring. Chutney? On toast? An accident actually. Was supposed to be putting jam on the toast but mixed my pots up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually chutney on toast sounds good. I recently put some of my green tomato chutney in with brie cheese and sharp Cox British apples in a toasted sandwich - was great.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I can see the appeal, it sounds and looks heavenly. Elvis would be very pleased to sit down and have a piece, or maybe three. You should do that Elvis thing. Can you convince D?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kath, don't think D will volunteer :(

      Delete
  3. Hello ! I'm still following you and your delicious recipes. I'd like to visit your coffee! Some day, some day! Thanks for the lovely comment in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronica, so good to hear from you - sorry that I am not coming by so much now, but I do also visit your blog when I get a chance too, you take care now x

      Delete
  4. Now I’m not a big fan of peanut butter but that cake makes me want to try it!! Fabulous creation Shaheen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much Green Dragonette. Strawberry season is now over :(

      Delete
  5. Yes, I can see that that cake would be very popular! I'm not volunteering to play the part of Elvis for you though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, I would have tried to have persuaded you to play Elvis had you lived closer. Hope your well.

      Delete
  6. Peanut butter and banana are a match well known in baking, but this is the first time I've seen strawberries thrown into the mix. It looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great - it reminds me of the American favourite sandwich PB&J. I would have a slice if I could come to your cafe - glad others are appreciating it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peanut butter and banana is such a delicious combination and I love the addition of strawberry too - no wonder it's not lasting long - yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a fun combination for a cake, Shaheen. Love the strawberry jam and peanut butter center. Hope you are well! Happy holiday season to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Relishing recipe, the take is too delicious and really easy to prepare, the combination of banana and strawberry make the cake more delicious, loved your recipe!!!

    Pearl District Condos

    ReplyDelete
  11. MMMmmm YES! I can see why that cake was so popular :)

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You