Sunday, 14 October 2012

Butternut Squash and Feta Tartlets

Thank you so much to every one who took the time to leave a comment on my previous post and for your warm thoughts and congratulations on my New Covent Garden Soup recipe being sold U.k wide.  Every comment was truly appreciated. 

I recently read on my lovely blogger friends blog - Poppycock and other creative nonsense that October is orange - so true, the pumpkins and toffee apples are beginning to appear and peoples outfits are changing from the light stuff to the cosy hats, gloves and scarves.  Yes everyone wants to be warm on the outside and inside.

I like autumn.  Its my favourite season, when I lived in Glasgow I would often enjoy strolling through the Botanical Garden kicking the dry golden leaves up high with my boots and feeding the gutsy squirrels with peanuts. 
It is for this reason I decided to garnish some of my Butternut Squash and Feta tartlets with little squirrel pastry shapes.  

These individual tartlets are both sweet and savoury. Sweetness from the butternut squash and savoury from the feta cheese.  To some of the tartlets I also added some cooked black turtle beans for texture.  I liked it, but it is optional.  These tartlets are a variation of my Butternut Squash and Feta Pastry. See here.
Well after a bit of a sleep in, I am off to enjoy the rest of my Sunday which means doing some laundry and housework.  Hope to do some catch up on blog reading later tonight and respond to questions on my previous post.  Enjoy your Sunday.  I am also sending this tart to Ren's Simple and in Season event, that is being hosted by Kate of Feeding Boys and a Firefighter

12 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you don't get much free time these days... I hope the cafe is working out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. I really don't, but when I do its either a sleep in or sitting comfy on the sofa just staring dreamily into space. Will write more about the cafe in the near future. Trying to make the most of it now.

      Delete
  2. Can I get your autograph? Seriously, enjoy your success, keep sleeping in as often as possible, and give us another blog at every opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you charmer :0)

      Success has hardly touched me yet :), I think I will feel it when someone actually does a write up of me and the cafe, but I am enjoying what I am doing right now and trying to make the most of it as it may or may not last - it will all be fantastic experience for me.

      Delete
  3. Your tartlets are SO beautiful! I bookmarked the recipe immediately, although I know my pastry will not be as lovely as yours... :-)
    Congratulations on your soup fame!! I am SO impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look and sound delicious. AND, congratulations on the Covent Garden Soup scoop! I'll look out for it on our supermarket shelves. Well done you! M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can still find it in the market x

      Delete
  5. Those look absolutely scrumptious! Looks like I am going to have to make some time to really catch up on your blog, especially your last post. That sounds so exciting! Can't wait to look at all of your recipes that I have been missing. I absolutely adore your style of cooking!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your recipes, great to have some new ideas for seasonal gluts. My daughter would love these tartlets too. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so delicious Shaheen. I'm going to try that on Christmas. I'm sure family will love it. Thanks a lot for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You