Sunday, 12 April 2020

Red Yellow Green Macaroni Pasta Salad

We haven't had much of an appetite really, as we not expending much energy, but yesterday was different having spent much of it in the garden continuing with the digging and weeding that we had worked up an appetite.

I took me less than 30 minutes to put this dish  together and much of that was cooking of the macaroni pasta and lunch was served:  a big bowl of Red Yellow Green Macaroni Pasta Salad. 
The macaroni pasta is combined with colourful peppers, spring onions, black olives and then smothered in a Dijon Mayonnaise.  It really was one of the easiest lunches to put together and eat.  I served up and took my bowl outside to eat out in the sun, and I am not even a sun person. I am coming to appreciate my outdoor space a lot more than I have done so in the past. 

D enjoyed Macaroni Pasta Salad so much that he went back for a second helping.  I made a big batch that will serve us both for lunch today as well as tomorrow. I am sharing this  Red Yellow Green Macaroni Pasta Salad with Soup, Salad and Sammies hosted by Kahakai Kitchen.



Red Yellow Green Macaroni Pasta Salad
Serves 8
Ingredients
500g macaroni pasta
1 red pepper, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
4 spring onions, chopped
50g black olives, chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped)
200g mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: poppy seeds
Method
Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the peppers, spring onions, black olives, herb and seasoning in a bowl.
Stir well to combine.
Then add the pasta, mayonnaise and mustard and stir until well combined. 
Stir in optional poppy seeds.
Set aside (or in a fridge) for a couple of hours to the flavours to minge before serving.
Adapted from Colour Me Vegan by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau

12 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of cold pasta - but this served hot is right up my alley! Stay well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your well too. I eat it quite a bit for lunch, but by then its more room temperature.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a lovely spring salad and so nice to sit outside in the sun - I confess I am not outside as much as I would like but the weather is cooling down here. I really love it when I get out for a bike ride though! Enjoy your sunshine and good luck with your garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to sit out and eat, its not something we do often - hence the garden outdoor space appreciation in these times. I bought a bike last year and still not got round to cycling, shame on me.Happy bike riding.

      Delete
  3. This looks so delicious!
    Hopefully this quarantine can end soon. Stay safe.<3

    ADRI IN PINKINSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you Adriana. Hope your well and keeping safe too.

      Delete
  4. That definitely looks pretty and colourful...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa, its certainly is colourful

      Delete
  5. I love a good pasta salad. It looks delicious and I'm sure it tasted all the better al fresco. ;-) Thank you for sharing it with Souper Sundays this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. I hope to join in again this w/e

      Delete
  6. I hardly ever eat cold pasta but that looks so pretty! I have pasta, so hope Jamie manages to me some peppers and spring onions when he next goes shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Belinda, we eat cold-well room temperature pasta quite a bit for work lunch. I hope Jamie gets to pick up the ingredients for you on his next shop, its so easy to knock up.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You