Saturday, 1 July 2017

#EatYourGreens June Round Up

July has arrived with rays of sunshine and will hopefully promise to stay around a while longer.
We have  7 green recipes to share for #EatYourGreens. 
The first Eat Your Greens recipe comes from Ray who blogs at The Humble Lentil.  Ray shares with us a vibrant bowl of fenugreek also known as Methi and seasonal Jersey Royal Potatoes. 
Kate from GlutenFree Alchemist shared with us Spanakopita Galette filled to the brim with greens such as spinach, leeks and spring onions.  This green galette would make for a fantastic garden lunch.
We have another galette and this one comes from Johanna who blogs over at Green Gourmet Giraffe.  To be honest, I'd be happy with a slice of both galettes on my plate - Yes I am a greedy person. This green galette is made with Zucchini, Sun dried Tomatoes and Goats cheese.
Kari from Bite Sized Thoughts also brought to the table a zucchini dish.   Hers is Zucchini Noodles with a Creamy Turmeric Dressing.  I do like eating courgettes, but  this plate is just too pretty to eat with its warm vibrant colours. I am afraid I would just be gazing at it the way one stares at stars on still clear dark nights.
Next we have Minted Broad Bean Spread from Choclette who blogs at Tin and Thyme.  This kind of naturally creamy green smooth spread always excites me this time of year as its a sign that Summer has truly arrived and there will be lots of greens for us to try especially the pod kind. 
Courgette, Mushroom and Peas Pasta Sauce.  I love the way the sauce has coated the pasta and the thinly paper sliced courgettes making what could be deemed a heavy dish to one of lightness and delight. 
And finally, my own contribution which was a Thai Green Coconut Curry packed with lots of green vegetables like mangetout, broad beans, edamame beans, peas, green beans and even baby gem lettuce. 


Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to #EatYourGreens, please do take time to visit and comment on every contributors recipe if you can.  The Veg Hog will be hosting #EatYourGreens challenge this month.  Please Follow this link on how to join in I look forward to seeing your July contributions. 

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely and versatile round up! I love the variety of recipes in June, hopefully this will continue in July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some great recipes here Shaheen. Thanks for hosting and for a lovely round up xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are always so many delicious things I want to eat in Eat Your Greens. Methi potaotes are definitely going on my to-make list, and as is gem lettuce in curry!

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You