Monday, 31 July 2017

Zucchini - Courgettes come in all shapes and sizes

I have been harvesting mostly courgettes aka Zucchini since my last Harvest Monday blog post, but I am pleased that they are all different in shapes, size and even colour  - makes for more variety and interesting eats.  
Nestling in the trug are Courgette Gold Rush F1 ; Courgette Tristar  and Courgette Squash Striato di Napoli  which  think is more marrow than squash; and Courgette Tondo di Piacenza.  I am also growing some patty pans and hope to share them with you next week. 
Recipes made this month with courgettes aka zucchini
Roasted Courgette Layered 'Lasagne'
Courgette Zucchini, Apricot and Pistachio Bread 
Oven Baked Lemon Zucchini and New Potato Salad
Zucchini Chocolate Brownies
Zucchini Broad Beans and Peas Soup
Australian Zucchini Slice
Zucchini Frittata is made with  Courgette Tondo di Piacenza
I also harvested a good handful of French Beans Climbing Purple Cascade
and Runner Bean Relay
We also harvested two potato plants, the yield of 7 potatoes was disappointing though, still enough for two meals and the ground looks good.

I am sharing this with  Harvest Monday hosted by Dave over Our Happy Acres.  

16 comments:

  1. I read every post you publish and I wish I have more time to comment and praise. Love your courgettes and the black beans strings xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very kind Laura, thank you so so much - no need to comment all the time, its just nice to know that I have some lovely readers. Thank you again. x

      Delete
  2. Those beans and potatoes are lovely! I like to cook them together sometimes. And your zucchini chocolate brownie recipe sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave, the courgette brownies were very popular and yes, I too will be cooking both beans and potatoes together, perhaps a cold salad style dinner

      Delete
  3. The beans are so pretty and what a nice assortment of squash too. I know the feeling about small potato harvests, I didn't get nearly as much as I wanted either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. We don't usually grow potatoes but wanted to use the ground and it has worked its magic breaking the soil, next year I will grow some in pots.

      Delete
  4. your garden just keeps giving! I got given a load of purple beans last year, and found that they went green when cooked - do the black ones do that too?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joey, way too much than i can keep up with though.
      Yes these purple black beans will go a sluggish green once cooked, shame really.

      Delete
  5. Well, you are certainly not short of zucchini! I'm really looking forward to the first one, which is just starting to develop so it won't be much longer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret, I certainly am not and there is still so much more to come. Hope you get to harvest your first one soon.

      Delete
  6. Last week's potato harvest was disappointing for us too but this week there was an improvement sp good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. Still have a lot more plants to dig up, so fingers crossed. Thank you so much for coming by your comment is really appreciated.

      Delete
  7. What a great - and yes, varied! - harvest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari - hope to share more next week as well as other homegrown veg.

      Delete
  8. Love your courgette posts Shaheen, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathryn. I will resume on Monday with further courgette recipes, but cooking with other seasonal fruit and veg.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You