Saturday, 13 November 2021

In My Kitchen November

Once again, I do not have much in the way of new things to share in my kitchen, but I do like to join in with In My Kitchen series hosted by Sherry's Pickings with either my home grown produce and homemade eats.
I must confess though, I do not have much now in the way of homegrown veg. So will mostly share what i made last month (yes I am cheating a bit), as well as this month and some shopping finds.
But first let me show these lovely knitted pumpkins adoring a friends mantel piece. I am surprised that i did not home with them.  
The only Halloween or Bonfire related thing that entered my home was vegan marshmallows courtesy of D's trip to the supermarket. 
And i found these black soya bean Spaghetti at the back of one of my kitchen cupboards, still in date.  
Tis the season to be filled with head colds and sniffles and sneezes, so I was delighted to find proper Ginger Tea - this stuff is really fiery. 
This is a homemade Courgette and Pecan Loaf.
Another regular dish in our home, come Autumn.  
Mushroom Strogonoff made with mushroom stock.
I also picked up this Umami vegetable stock cube.  I had sent D to pick up Boullion Vegetable stock, but he could not track it down at the supermarket, so came home with the most popular brand in the UK. 
I have been playing around with vegetarian sausage mix and blinging it up with flavours. 
Yellow peppers, red onion and chives and the other is beetroot.
Also not very exciting, but some Welsh butter. 

I will blog a bit more in the next few days, but honestly i've been stupidly busy that i just want to rest. I do hope my regular readers are all keeping well. 

27 comments:

  1. In fact, you have A LOT of new things in your kitchen! Stop apologizing! It all looks good.

    Best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, lots of delicious things in your kitchen, Shaheen. Hope you’re over your cold

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to hear from you and see your kitchen. Those knitted pumpkins make me want to be more adventurous with knitting - so gorgeous. That courgette and pecan loaf looks delicious as do your fancy sausages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi shaheen
    thanks so much for joining us this month. love the little pumpkins! i can't believe halloween has come and gone again. welsh butter sounds great not that we eat butter anymore :( Love your zucchini loaf; it looks so good. hope you are doing well; have a great november.
    cheers
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you can take a rest before it gets wilder in december!
    Those black soya bean spaghettis look interesting! Can't wait to see how you used them!
    Mushroom strogonoff is soooo good!
    WOW; what a great amount of sausages! I guess you will freeze some of them? I should do that instead of getting "all the trouble" just for 4 or 6!
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see a post and happy that you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shaheen,
    I'm so glad to know there are vegan marshmallows- I had no idea. I've tried the black soya spaghetti, but just couldn't get past the color and only made it once. Your pecan loaf looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shaheen,
    I'm so glad to know there are vegan marshmallows- I had no idea. I've tried the black soya spaghetti, but just couldn't get past the color and only made it once. Your pecan loaf looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't always have new things in my kitchen either but I enjoy seeing what others have in theirs, both inside and out. I love your garden posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! Those sausages look so tempting!! Mmmmmmmm! And I've never even heard of umami stock like that!! Gotta love a little extra umph of umami though. I bet that's great.

    Rest well! Great to see your kitchen, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mushroom stroganoff is a great idea -- I'll have to try it.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Christmas and a healthy New Year! Much love to you and thanks for your kind comments through the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much e, means a lot to me your kind comments too.

      Delete
  13. happy christmas, shaheen! - ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ray, Thank you. You were in my thoughts over the festive period. I cannot imagine how it was for you and can only wish you kindness and healing.

      Delete
  14. Came by to wish you a happy holiday! Hope it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You