I am making the most of my weekend before the working week begins all over again. August was a manic month, with so many things on the edge of happening but then not happening for one reason - leaving me both exhausted and disappointed. I was hoping September would be a bit quieter and a little kinder in comparison, but not so much, so you just make the most of what you do have and march on.
We had this Cherry Tomato Couscous Salad early on in the week when i time to extract myself away from the computer screen to potter a little longer in the kitchen to make lunch.
It was not really much work, as couscous from a jar is effortless. I am adoring the pop of colours coming from the cherry tomatoes from the garden.
The couscous also has the last of the runner beans, broad beans, green beans and peas. There is no recipe for this. It simply cooked beans stirred into Ainsley Harriot's Spice Sensation Couscous and topped off with some fresh tomatoes.
The couscous also has the last of the runner beans, broad beans, green beans and peas. There is no recipe for this. It simply cooked beans stirred into Ainsley Harriot's Spice Sensation Couscous and topped off with some fresh tomatoes.
D is not much of a couscous fan, but i didn't mind this at all. I teased him that i would be making it again, but its unlikely as the beans in the garden are coming the end.
I am sharing this Cherry Tomato Couscous Salad with Soup, Salad and Sammies hosted by Kahakai Kitchen.
I am sharing this Cherry Tomato Couscous Salad with Soup, Salad and Sammies hosted by Kahakai Kitchen.



That looks delicious...I love couscous...
ReplyDelete~Have a lovely day!
Thank you Teresa
DeleteI am not a huge couscous fan but occasionally I really love it. The salad looks lovely and I love the colourful tomatoes
ReplyDeletei think that is the same for D, he's not keen on it, but when we have it on occasions he will enjoy it.
DeleteBTW I forgot to comment on the start of your post about Sept being as challenging as August - I know the feeling - hoping some leave will help but there is always so much to do - hope you get some rest.
ReplyDeleteThanks Johanna. I hope your annual leave is beneficial for you x
DeleteI love the fresh vegetables in this dish. I would have to substitute quinoa, but I bet it would be just as good!
ReplyDeleteThanks Judd, quinoa would work too - but my husband would def. not eat it :)
DeleteThat’s my kind of lunch! Just perfect with a little bit of home-grown colour added.
ReplyDeleteI hope September doesn’t disappoint. Take care in these testing times Shaheen
Thank you so much Belinda.
DeleteThis is a lovely looking salad. I haven't made anything with couscous for ages. I should buy it again.
ReplyDeleteThanks VegHog, hope you do.
DeleteA perfect couscous salad for sure!
ReplyDeleteYou salad looks refreshing and delicious! Thanks for sharing it with Souper SUndays this week.
ReplyDeleteThank you Deb
Delete