It's a bit of a mish mash of a harvest this week.
The courgettes have been poor this year, i think because of the rain as many of them rotted before i even got to harvest them.
The kohlrabi is small, I do have some more growing so will see how they contrast.
The kohlrabi is small, I do have some more growing so will see how they contrast.
A pear from the neighbours tree had fallen on our side. Some Neckargold beans under the courgettes and a Chantenay carrot. We have more to harvest, but i don't want to pull the carrots out yet, especially as i have all this other veg to use up first. Picked some autumn raspberries too.
Some more neckargold beans and beetrootThe first red Zebra Tomatoes, the translucent pale ones are called Lotos and yellow Galina Cherry tomatoes and Chocolate Cherry tomatoes.
Some of the cherry tomatoes went into this Tomato Pilau with Coconut and Cashew Nuts.
Plums are still tumbling.
I've made more Cinnamon Plum Cake, but also Plum Dumplings bookmarked from Meat Free Any Day that was encased in suet pastry then steamed and smothered in spiced buttery sauce.
Also the first Feo di Riogordo Tomato. I am not expecting many more sadly. I am sharing this blog post with Harvest Monday hosted by Dave from Happy Acres.







Shaheen
ReplyDeleteThis is such a refreshing post to see all the bounties and produce round up's. Heads down to you for sharing your thoughts. I love the zuchinni and the local rhubarb which is generally difficlt to find elsewhere grows in my backyard.Grateful!
Thank you Ruh. it would be lovely to repay the comment by visiting your blog if you have one.
DeleteMish mash harvests are good! It's nice to have some variety. Galina used to be one of my favorite cherry tomatoes, it's very tasty.
ReplyDeleteThank you Michelle. Galina's have been wonderful, we will def. continue to grow them
DeleteSorry to hear about the courgettes. I lost many last year due to wet conditions. Those pears look lovely!
ReplyDeleteThank you Dave. The pears has been plentiful this year, sadly many have fallen to strong winds, along with the cooking apples. But we have some, so that is good
DeleteVegatables are so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYour tomato pilau looks soooo good!
Thank you so much Ephee, the tomato pilau is becoming a firm favourite
DeleteShaleen,
ReplyDeleteHow fun to be able to harvest your own vegetables, but I also know its a lot of work!
Thank you, if it was not for the garden i would not be getting any exercise, moreso since Covid-19 hit our world - even so, i still have managed to put a stone on.
DeleteThat’s a good varied and colourful haul! Are your courgettes ridged? Not sure if they’re meant to be or whether that’s a result of the weather too, but the slices must look interesting! Interesting tomatoes too, I love the Zebra ones
ReplyDeleteThanks Belinda. Yes the courgettes are a ridged variety whcih i forgot to point out whilst blogging, so thanks for bringing it up. They have been spectacular to cook with, just not plentiful to eat. i will try them again next year.
DeleteYour harvest looks wonderful and colourful. Your pilau looks stunning and I am in admiration of all those plums and plum bakes
ReplyDeleteThank you Johanna, yes been spoiled with the abundance of plums this year, shame i haven't been able to go that far to share them though as many have fallen to the ground and gone to compost.
DeleteGreat that you're growing kohlrabi too!
ReplyDeleteits sadly been small though, hopefully the others will fare better.
Delete