Thursday, 16 April 2020

Sweet Potato, Sweetcorn and Red Pepper Soup

Again, its another soup made mid week for light lunch at home.

I also found a bag of sweetcorn in the freezer which is due to expire April 2020.  I have no idea how long its been there, but i am glad D went through the freezer contents last week to see what was buried there that had to be used up.  I also found some frozen cooking apple slices, so maybe a few apple crumbles and cakes will appear on the menu.  
This was a lightly spiced  Sweet Potato and Sweetcorn soup enhanced with red peppers. I like a bit of texture, so partly blitzed my soup with a handheld blender. It had a really nice flavour and colour.  The Sweet Potato and Sweetcorn Soup comes from Rachel Demuth Green Seasons Cookbook. you can find the original recipe link here

D really loved the flavours of this soup and said, he would be more than happy to eat it again - good job I thought, you have got it again tomorrow for lunch!
I am sharing this  Sweet Potato and Sweetcorn Soup with Soup, Salad and Sammies hosted by Kahakai Kitchen

5 comments:

  1. This soup looks perfectly thick; i love it! It would be perfect for today cause believe it or not... it's snowing up here ;-( A large bowl of sweet potato soup, really hot, would be more than welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Éphée, it was proper thick and really delicious. wow - you have snow, I got to be honest I don't envy you. I feel down by looking out the window at the rain.

      Delete
  2. That sounds lovely Shaheen. I'm also trying to use up what I have. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jac. Its good to use what we have, esp. if we find an ingredient lurking at the back of our kitchen cupboards.

      Delete
  3. It looks delicious. I agree, partially blitzed soups are the way to go. ;-) Thanks for sharing with Souper Sundays this week.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You