So for this weeks Harvest Monday, below I have Runner Beans, Purple and Neckargold Climbing Beans and a Long Fiorentino Courgette.
And some Champion and Telephone Peas.
And some Champion and Telephone Peas.
The Runner Bean were added to a vegan version of Puttanesca.
I also made these Pea, Feta and Mint Crescents bookmarked from Green Seasons Cookbook by Rachel Demuth. These Turkish pastries were made from scratch. The golden puffy pasty was made with some yogurt and filled with pea, feta and mint combination. Taste of Summer indeed and it made for a lovely light lunch. I tried to find a link to the original recipe on the website to share with you, but its not there.
I also made these Pea, Feta and Mint Crescents bookmarked from Green Seasons Cookbook by Rachel Demuth. These Turkish pastries were made from scratch. The golden puffy pasty was made with some yogurt and filled with pea, feta and mint combination. Taste of Summer indeed and it made for a lovely light lunch. I tried to find a link to the original recipe on the website to share with you, but its not there.
I am sharing these Pea, Feta and Mint Crescents with Soup, Salad and Sammies hosted by Kahakai Kitchen.
Some of the peas were turned into a Pea and Basil Spread/and or Dip served with some crusty rolls.
We had about four tablepoons of the Pea and Basil Spread left over, so I whisked it together with some cream cheese and an egg and then poured it over some ready rolled puff pasty that was layered with slices of Courgette to create another light lunch.
Here is a generous slice of Courgette, Pea and Basil Puff Pastry Tart with some salad leaves
Close up of the box with Long Fiorentino Courgette , Neckar Gold Beans and Purple Climbing Beans
Some Blueberries, not many...but enough to be
Turned into a Soured Cream Blueberry Tart with a handful of plums
Some of the peas were turned into a Pea and Basil Spread/and or Dip served with some crusty rolls.
We had about four tablepoons of the Pea and Basil Spread left over, so I whisked it together with some cream cheese and an egg and then poured it over some ready rolled puff pasty that was layered with slices of Courgette to create another light lunch.
Here is a generous slice of Courgette, Pea and Basil Puff Pastry Tart with some salad leaves
Close up of the box with Long Fiorentino Courgette , Neckar Gold Beans and Purple Climbing Beans
Some Blueberries, not many...but enough to be
Turned into a Soured Cream Blueberry Tart with a handful of plums
Adapted from Neither Fish Nor Fowl: Meat -Free Eating For Pleasure by Sarah Beattie. I was a bit naughty as it has been advised to cook the fruit down with some arrowroot, but i was impatient hence why the bottom is so juicy, but it did not detract from the taste. It was delicious and I will be making it again.












Such beautiful produce, you have a great garden. I'm going to check on those cookbooks you mentioned.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Tina. Always appreciate your comments.
DeleteI would never have thought to put the beans in puttanesca. You make such creative dishes! And the blueberry tart looks lovely.
ReplyDeleteYour kind Dave - Thank you, just a way to use them up as it is one veg I do struggle to be creative with.
DeleteYour plum-blueberry tart looks wonderful. We all make do don't we?
ReplyDeleteThank you Sue, indeed we do. Always appreciate your comments, please can you share link to your blog please so that i can repay the compliment as i am not sure i am visiting your blog with so many other Sue's in my life :)
DeleteWow what a lot of beautiful produce and cooking! Those pea crescents and the pea courgette tarts look so delicious - am impressed at your making the pastry - and that blueberry tart looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteThank you Johanna. I was impressed with me making the pastry for the crescents too :) turned out well.
DeleteThank you for sharing your sandwich-ish crescents with Souper Sundays this week. They look delicious as do your other garden dishes!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Deb.
Delete