Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Garlic Mushroom Parsley Pasta

For those of you who have been reading my blog for a while, will know that I am not a huge fan of mushrooms.  I've often found them tasteless.

Anyway, last week noting that there was very little in the way of fresh produce to cook with other than a tub of mushrooms in the fridge.   I decided to make a quick supper of Garlic Mushroom Parsley Pasta.  The other ingredients: garlic like onions I always seem to have.  The pasta was in the store-cupboard and finally, the parsley was actually from my garden. It was a nice change from the spicy Arrabiata spaghetti pasta I often make, when the kitchen is bare.

If you like the sound of this, then my vegan Garlic, Mushroom and Parsley Pies may also appeal to you.

 am sending this recipe to Jacqueline from Tinned Tomatoes for  this month Pasta Please#11.  This month the theme is Mushrooms; and Karen over at Lavender and Lovage for Novembers edition of Cooking with Herbs; and finally with Credit Crunch Munch, a food blogging challenge set by Helen at Fuss Free Flavours and Camilla at Fab Food 4 All.   This November Credit Crunch Munch is being hosted by Sarah at Dinner with Crayons.

Garlic Mushroom Parsley Pasta
Serves 3- 4
Ingredients
Cook pasta of your choice, enough for 4 people.  Then drain and keep aside.

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 bulb of garlic, peeled and crushed

400g chestnut mushrooms, cleaned, halved or quartered if large
1 tablespoon freshly minced parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
Method
In a wide pan, heat the oil and sauté the garlic for 1 minute for it to infuse the oil, before adding in the mushrooms. Keep the heat medium-high and cook the mushrooms, stirring frequently until softened.
Stir in the parsley and seasoning to taste.  Stir in the cooked pasta, then remove from the heat and serve immediately.


9 comments:

  1. Lovely curly pasta! Thanks for entering into CCM at Dinner With Crayons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious, I love garlic, mushrooms and parsley:-) Thank you for entering this yummy frugal dish into Credit Crunch Munch:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the combination of garlic, mushrooms and pasta, thank you for entering Credit Crunch Munch with such a tasty and frugal dish:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, that looks so good! i *just* scarfed down a bunch of thanksgiving leftovers and yet somehow your blog is making me hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Emily, so good to hear from you - been such a long time. Hope your well.

      Delete
  5. This is MY kind of recipe Shaheen and I love your photos too, it's that lovely little wooden man that makes me smile! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. I picked up the little mushroom man from a German Christmas market years ago. Still makes me smile.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen