Friday, 2 January 2009


Happy New Year and Welcome to my web blog.

I have been eating and appreciating the diversity, and versatility of vegetables for over 20 years. I regularly cook recipes from a wide variety of cookbooks that I have accumulated during this time. I thought it might be a good idea to begin this blog by sharing with you some of my favourite recipes from my most thumbed books, many of which have been adapted over the years.

#1 Thai Green Curry from Cranks Fast Food
#2 Rhubarb and Lemon Tart from Feasts from the Place Below
#3 Lettuce soup from Rose Elliot's Complete Vegetarian Cookbook
#4 Potato and Kale Enchiladas with Roasted Chili Sauce from Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook
#5 Rose Petal Dream Queen from Secrets from a Vegetarian Kitchen
#6 Pan fried cous cous cake of red onion, feta cheese and pine nuts from Paradiso Seasons
#7 Fried spinach and chick peas with lovage and cream from Vegetable Heaven
#8 Shepherdess Pie from New Food for Thought
#9 Pecan Pie from Evergreen
#10 Mushroom Stroganoff from The Great Green Cookbook

2 comments:

  1. 'Cranks fast food' is briliant. A friend bought it for me years ago when we didn't have an oven and did all our cooking on a 2 ring hob. we lived like that for 5 years so it came in handy, that and 'Quick and Easy: vegetarian recipes from around the world for Western kitchens'

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first got Cranks Fast Food I was not that endured by it, but slowly started falling for it. It has since been one of my favourite. It the one book I turn to when I am short for time and want soemthing good to eat.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You